Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

I've only played the one Origin so far (Mage), but from what I can tell, it seems your origin most certainly affects more than just your "origin story" you experience. Without giving anything away, I'm almost certain that the part I'm in now is extremely different because I'm a mage. Even before my current section, I could see how being a mage affects dialog and what NPCs think of you, as does being an elf to a lesser degree.

I always planned on playing each origin story, but now it seems, if I truly want to experience everything this game has to offer, I'm actually going to have to beat the game with each one! EGAD! :lol:

So many many black bars... :wacko:

Just started playing this game, decided to play as a mage and so far I'm not sure if I'm happy with that decision or not, I'm focusing mostly on cold spells right now, like I do with most any rpg. Games good, a little slow but I think I've gotten past most of the slow part. Great game, and ya the controls are a bit awkward but I think once I get used to them I will enjoy them a lot as they seem pretty solid and practical. Have to admit though, was a little skeptical about this game at first but now I'm pretty sure it will keep me occupied through all these other big releases.

I wouldn't focus on one type of magic. Later you encounter certain creatures that are immune to different types of magic. ;)

I've only played the one Origin so far (Mage), but from what I can tell, it seems your origin most certainly affects more than just your "origin story" you experience. Without giving anything away, I'm almost certain that the part I'm in now is extremely different because I'm a mage. Even before my current section, I could see how being a mage affects dialog and what NPCs think of you, as does being an elf to a lesser degree.

I always planned on playing each origin story, but now it seems, if I truly want to experience everything this game has to offer, I'm actually going to have to beat the game with each one! EGAD! :lol:

I've played through Magi, Dalish, Human Noble, and Dwarf Commoner origons... it does change dialogue and options down the road... also, choices you make in the game will have an impact on the world. Who joins your party, who becomes king, etc. I'm actually looking forward to playing through multiple times... though I don't look forward to replaying

the fade when you retake the Magi tower

I used my Mage Healer for that part :D.

I liked that you could change forms while in the Fade. The four different forms made it fun, but it was still annoying to play having to go through each of the little levels.

My favorite was probably the Golem. Which reminds me I need to do that DLC sometime to unlock the Golem party member.

Dont have it for the PC but Picked it up for the xbox and I enjoyed it for a little bit. Was through the mage origin the 2nd day, did the human noble to a point and got bored, so i tried a dwarf and realized there are almost no differences between the origins in the game. Cept the beginning and end. Did I do all the quest?? Um no but aprox 90% of them including the extra download content. I like the 1 player story line and all but its def no boarders gate. Although its a good game maybe I expected a little too much more.

I do wish they had some sort of multiplayer type availability locally or online. And mele was more than just an auto attack type of thing. The mage was for me atleast the most interesting and almost seemed as if the game was built directly around the mage class.

Any notible difference between the console and PC versions??

Not trying to be a hum bug because I did like the game, just wished for more. :)

Well, I got my copy of the game finally. Only bad thing is I have a rough draft of a 10 page paper due this week, so guess I won't be getting to play for a little while. Damn school work.. at least I got the game though. Now I can dream of how I'll be playing it until I finish the papers lol. I'm sure I can make time for a few hours of playing a week in between all my researching and writing. :P