Different Sort Of Contest

Bosco

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 posts a day? Like as the average? Thats nearly impossible :lol:

I can tell you haven't been here for very long.

We have had periods where several members have easily made 20 posts a day on average.

I like the idea in theory, but I'm a little worried about this bringing in people who just want free stuff, and wont be productive members.

that's exactly what's not going to happen with a contest like this.

usually whenever there is a general free for all random giveaway we end up with people hanging around for the duration of the contest, reposting stuff from other forums and pleading poverty in a misguided attempt to increase their chances of winning. i don't think people like that will be willing to put in the time it takes to win something like this.

I guess that's a good thing.

When you break it down there are 56,608 registered members.

There's probably about some ware between 100-200 members hear who post full time or just about everyday.

200-300 members who post every once and a while once a week or every few weeks.

500-1000 members who post only when they have a question or come on for a while and leave but keep coming back.

And the final 55,000 accounts are just people who make accounts and don't post, come on for only 1 question, or just join because there just passing by.

So in total I would estimate there are probably 300-400 members that would be considered active posters so your chances of winning are a lot better then just a random giveaway to anyone if your an active member.

I'm also wondering the same thing Jump4h is. Who'd pay shipping for winners outside the US?

It is a good idea, though.

You guys don't have to worry about someone with one post winning something. When I said active members I mean just that. I have not set a min amount of posts or anything but you have to be active to win.

As for shipping generally we would cover it, if you happen to live somewhere where shipping is going to be expensive we generally can work something out. smile.gif

The OCC would probably pay so much and you'd probably have to kick in the rest.

But why worrie? Wouldn't it be worth it to pay 40-50 dollars in shipping if you won a $100 dollar motherboard or something like that.

Interesting new contest ...just be an active poster, sounds fair enough...I see we got a 1st winner, good deal!

This brings to mind I would like to see a thread listing new contests found on the web.

You know what they say, you can't win if you don't enter, or know about it.

Dave I'm still enjoying the E8500 I won earlier this year :rolleyes: