What would you like to see OCC review?

d3bruts1d

What types of products would you like to see OCC review?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I would like to see more reviews on...

• Games (PC)
    • Games (Console)
    • Software & Utilities
    • Web Apps & SaaS
    • Mobile Phone / Smart Phone Accessories
    • Mobile Apps
    • Audio Gear (Speakers, headphones, mics, sound cards, etc.)
    • Video Cards
    • Monitors & TVs
    • Cases
    • Power Supplies
    • Motherboards
    • Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Flash Drives, etc.
    • Mice & Keyboards
    • Fans, heatsinks, thermal paste, and other cooling
    • Prebuilt Systems
    • Notebooks & Netbooks
    • Printers, Scanners & All-in-one devices
    • Technical books
    • Something else (let us know in the comments)
    • More? You've got everything I want to see covered.
    • Reviews? What reviews? I don't read / didn't know OCC did product reviews.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this week's poll, we want to see where the interest of our community is. -- Actually, this isn't limited to this week, you can always let us know!

We do a ton of reviews, and our review and editing staff work hard to try to bring you something new every day. We could push out a hundred reviews a day, but that doesn't mean anything if the reviews aren't covering products that interest you. Is there a type of product that you would like to see OCC put more emphasis on? Should we explore new areas for reviews? Let us know what you want to see MOST.

actually i just voted for software and utilities because staff has pretty much pinned down the hardware end of computers and system building. i'd like to know more about free apps and utilities that work and don't cost an arm and a leg...

kwik edit; including operating systems....

heavy emphasis on free...

:D

thanx

cj

I would like to see reviews of Android based mobile phones. Also, I think you should let CheeseMan42 do the review.

well don't hold back ever

Guest ajmatson
:withstupid:

Maybe some Cisco routers and switches.

If you have seen one you have seen them all :) However, I love Cisco gear (You should see my Cisco rack that makes the electric bill jump when on)

I personally would like to see more netbooks and portable gear as well. I know AMD and HP came out with the ultra light notebook and we never heard much about it after CES.

I also would like to see more server hardware. I know this is an enthusiast environment but many of us work with servers/workstations in our day lives and it would be good to have reviews and comparisons to help us make decisions for our workplace as well as our personal gear.

I would like to see some extreme cold overclocking LN2 and liquid helium.

If everything goes to plan, me and Smith will be getting a video card under LN2 by the end of the month :)

No offense taken. So performance reviews of the games is not what you are looking for but in depth game play?

i love to see performance and i'd love to see some more about in depth game play, i hate buying bad pc's games :( thats one downfall of a pc vs console scenerio you can rent games for a console for next to nothing.. if you buy a bad pc game and open it, your stuck with it.. as of now im only buying l4d2 and modernwarfare 2 without reading reviews.. every other game im going to read tons of reviews about it like it were a peice of hardware i was gunna buy because after a while buying crapy games adds up... and id love to read those in depth reviews here one of my favorite sites ever

Edited by actionstan