d3bruts1d

What would you like to see OCC review?

What types of products would you like to see OCC review?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I would like to see more reviews on...

• Games (PC)
    • Games (Console)
    • Software & Utilities
    • Web Apps & SaaS
    • Mobile Phone / Smart Phone Accessories
    • Mobile Apps
    • Audio Gear (Speakers, headphones, mics, sound cards, etc.)
    • Video Cards
    • Monitors & TVs
    • Cases
    • Power Supplies
    • Motherboards
    • Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Flash Drives, etc.
    • Mice & Keyboards
    • Fans, heatsinks, thermal paste, and other cooling
    • Prebuilt Systems
    • Notebooks & Netbooks
    • Printers, Scanners & All-in-one devices
    • Technical books
    • Something else (let us know in the comments)
    • More? You've got everything I want to see covered.
    • Reviews? What reviews? I don't read / didn't know OCC did product reviews.

In this week's poll, we want to see where the interest of our community is. -- Actually, this isn't limited to this week, you can always let us know!

We do a ton of reviews, and our review and editing staff work hard to try to bring you something new every day. We could push out a hundred reviews a day, but that doesn't mean anything if the reviews aren't covering products that interest you. Is there a type of product that you would like to see OCC put more emphasis on? Should we explore new areas for reviews? Let us know what you want to see MOST.

As I've previously mentioned I'd like to see the EVGA 4 Way Classified with a quad-GTX285 set-up!

I'd personally want to see more of cooling :)

Voted technical books cause I thought it would be funny. :P

More seriously I'd like to see more game reviews.

That way I don't have to go to IGN as well. ;)

In all seriousness I think it would be great if we had some more game reviews (both console & PC)

Software and Ulilities should be a must, it would help us decide what we want to install on our lovely computers :P I think the OCC would also do well to put some Audio gear up, since we have everything else why not, a good audio system for computers is important! :D

Finally i think a review every now and then of a good monitor should be helpful, ive seen quite a few questions on the forums asking which screen is a good one to buy. If we got all these things then the OCC would be pretty much perfect!

Edited by SenitaL

You should remake the poll to be checkboxes, instead of only being able to choose one. That why you have data for the rest of the following days/weeks.

I would love to see some reviews on laptops/netbooks, audio gear, mice & keyboards, and printer/all-in-one.

i like cases reviews , boards , cpus , heat sinks video cards

but i hope that when a new case is reviewed i hope you mention how long video card can take because of that 5870 /x2

i want to see nzxt m59 reviewed by occ , also gigabyte x58-ud4 / x58A-ud4 / p55-ud4

:) :)

I voted PC games, but I think that's tough without a relationship with publishers, as good reviews can't be done without completing the game, so getting it out in a timely manner may be tough. Also, no offense to any of the reviewers on board, but I don't think they have what it takes to review games. They're a completely different beast than hardware reviews.

So, that being said, I probably should have voted for monitors/displays.

I voted PC games, but I think that's tough without a relationship with publishers, as good reviews can't be done without completing the game, so getting it out in a timely manner may be tough. Also, no offense to any of the reviewers on board, but I don't think they have what it takes to review games. They're a completely different beast than hardware reviews.

So, that being said, I probably should have voted for monitors/displays.

No offense taken. So performance reviews of the games is not what you are looking for but in depth game play?

i see more and more older forum members over time. i guess several of us grow up with the forum and over time our tastes do change a bit. I'm not as into the FPS games as i once was, however other types i'm more into. Also, utility software is becoming more important. For example with a daughter and a wife and a house and a life progressing delightfully rapid, software on video editing, picture documentation and organization, server software, etc is becoming very useful. integrating smart-phone apps into the review process for alot of us is something we could use. I guess I'm suggesting we broaden the scope a little bit. I know the place is called the Overclockers Club for a reason, but It might appear that we are growing a little bit outside of the OC it - Cool it - play the game better on it mentality. We still use the computer, but we are using alot more things attached to it. So focusing on that perhaps would really be nice. I can attach my phone, TV, audiophile products, cameras, scanner/short-wave radio, VCR, DVR to my PC now. could I do that 6 years ago? all at once? not as easy as today. I don't know, maybe some of those thoughts might help guide a direction.

heck, cars now have built in moving map GPS navigation in it, and bluetooth, and you can definitely build a carPC now and splice that all in. what computer forum out there will be the first one to review a car?

Edited by robAP

Networking equipment would be nice oh and Beer. :)