Speakers vs. Headphones

sack_patrol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like speakers because I don't like having something on my head matting my hair down and having wires all over the place. Plus, this way I can walk around and still be able to hear whatever it is I'm playing on the computer, be it a video or music.

I used to use headphones quite often when I lived with roommates or at home as I would be up late at night and of course didn't want to bother anyone. Now that I'm living on my own, my headphones have been sitting in my closet collection dust since now I can just play everything through the speakers as there is nobody to bother.

As far as quality goes, I have a nice set of speakers so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Headphones or Speakers. Anything goes. Suggest what you think is the best, and explain if not too lazy. What do YOU think is best for anything...what is the perfect audio output device.

I've had quite a few speakers and headphones and headphone sets, and I think that the YAMAHA RH-5Ma headphones are by far one of the best out there selling at around 60$. With a decent audio card you get everything you would with a home theater system...only smaller and cheaper. Although more for games, a good set of headphones would be excellent for hearing all the detail in anything you listen to.

well right now im using creat1ve fatal1ty usb head set (its freaking amazing for what i paid) anyways i personally think it depends on the games you play.. if you play a game that supports voice chat its a obvious decision you should be using a headset & mic combo (people in l4d that type "HELP!@!@!@!@!@" when they are getting owned is halrious) but if its a single player game or a game that supports no voice and you dont use vent(and if you dont game..).. id say speakers as long as you arent waking anyone up, also dont be one of them people that have a desktop mic... and use speakers.. lul when you hear everything they hear as they try and talk. i one day hope to get the logitech g35 headset.. that thing looks awesome

Edited by actionstan

I use headphones, but mostly because I don't live alone and don't want to disturb people. Even if I lived alone, I think I'd be worried about disturbing the neighbors by cranking it up. I think I'm also catching the head-fi bug, so it's hard to say if it's cheaper or will be cheaper. Atleast DIY helps to keep down the price of the headphone amp and DAC.

What's all this about 7.1 from headphones? :lol:

There's no way that headphones can replace speakers for me! Especially if you're doing spacial mixing, those headphones that can do 5.1 sound bloody terrible.

Currently I use a Fostex 2.1 system, but I'd like to upgrade to a Genelec / Blue Sky 2.1 system sometime in the future when I can afford it.

As for headphones I use Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones, currently through a crappy amp, but I'm getting one of these soon.

There's no way that headphones can replace speakers for me! Especially if you're doing spacial mixing, those headphones that can do 5.1 sound bloody terrible.

Currently I use a Fostex 2.1 system, but I'd like to upgrade to a Genelec / Blue Sky 2.1 system sometime in the future when I can afford it.

As for headphones I use Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones, currently through a crappy amp, but I'm getting one of these soon.

Get a Little Dot :) They are so good for the money!

My Turtle Beach HPA2 aren't too bad as long as you aren't doing critical listening and they are a full 5.1 headset.

I dunno Stu, that Head Box II looks a bit crap inside:

14082009653.jpg

Maybe go with a Little Dot or Darkvoice for about 30-50 quid more than the Head Box, or build your own Millett amp...

Seriously, that Head Box II is made with very bog-standard components, and I can't see where the price tag comes from really