gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

Well all I know is that i've played the exact same game on a 4870x2 x2 quadfire rig with a i7 920 and on a 2x295 quad-sli and on some games who dont offer their own PhysX engine its pretty disappointing playing a game on a rig with an ati card where you lose out because PhysX support isn't there. Deny it all u want but those are the facts..... am i wrong?

What I stated are also facts... You can read the review yourself but for being ~$100 less than a 295. We have a single gpu card beating a dual... I'm quite positive the crossfire of these gives the quad sli a good run for its money too.

Edited by Compxpert

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well all I know is that i've played the exact same game on a 4870x2 x2 quadfire rig with a i7 920 and on a 2x295 quad-sli and on some games who dont offer their own PhysX engine its pretty disappointing playing a game on a rig with an ati card where you lose out because PhysX support isn't there. Deny it all u want but those are the facts..... am i wrong?

I just cant believe you went there

we arent allowed to bring up physx when comparing a gtx295 and the 5890. So yea, it isnt a factor, if they dont hear it then it doesnt exist, lol!

I guess likewise, if they dont see it, then its not a big deal, just eye candy for the retarded kids you know.

glow sticks for the E-tard. do you get it?

then dont say the P word, okay!!!!!

LoL

how can ppl have such a hard opinion of something they havent even experienced? Shhhh! oops, i forgot...........

this was a joke, please nobody get offended. just kidding, okay

I was going to guess your age but I won't bother. When you get to school tomorrow slap your English teacher for me.

that stung

well i was joking about the whole brah thing, who would actually talk like that in real life

except for the part where it is more an opinion than it is true, that nvidia is the only card for games

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

I honeslty didn't believe the difference until i saw it in person but it really does make a diff. to a Gamer that is. if you're into runnin benchmark's thats cool. been there dont that but i just think nVidia cards are just made for playing games so why not use them for what they're intended.......

After playing Batman with both Nvidia and ATI, I was completely disgusted on the way it looks with an ATI card there is so much missing. I for one really hope that a third party driver will allow PhysX to run with ATI because it would be a total benefit. However I can see Nvidia's point on shutting it down it gives them an edge sort of speak not to mention when it comes to people that use Nvidia for rendering again there is another edge over ATI. Man competition is great lol