gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

14 dollars per quart of tranny fluid is about average actually so im not really sure where ur going with that but anyway it'd be pretty hard to control that GTR turning on a track with all the oil it's leaked out all over the track :P shame on Nissan

Uh...what?

I want whatever you're smoking. :P

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was the first thread I read today. I laughed really hard when I read this post. It made my day. grammar nazi, touche'. I came back later a saw you had misspelled error. Now I'm laughing so hard tears are pouring out.

Yes it came out harsh. Sorry about that.

yea i woke up from my daily two hour nap, i'm like sh@#, kind of defeats the purpose when you misspell stuff in said lectures, but you're pretty nazirific about it, you got on me for using brah in a sentence where i'm telling a guy that if he wants to waste money in a recession he ca be my guest on the 295

as for ocre and his seemingly insulting paragraphs, what some people don't realize is that in debates, they go somewhat better when you throw in sly insulting comments, it throw's them off so they can't compose a well thought out message, it's how debates work, but in the end we're all friends here...right..?

if he wants to waste money in a recession

Spending in a recession is what brings us out of one.

what some people don't realize is that in debates, they go somewhat better when you throw in sly insulting comments

That's not how it's supposed to be done; that's just how politicians do it. :P

but spend smartly

That's not how it's supposed to be done; that's just how politicians do it. :P

yea, or that's what they want you to think <.< >.> <.<

sorry waco, I meant ocre!

2x 5890x2 in quad xf with 2x 295 in quad sli for physics. anything less is crap. I don't care if you run 800x600. lol

do they even have mobos and psu's that can do that : |

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

I don't unsderstand why we are comparing cars to computers anyway here. The point a select few of you are missing is that Price vs. performance. 5870 almost outperforms or outperforms a 295 for ~$100 less. Your also missing a big fact that this is Single GPU vs. Dual GPU.... Now IMO if a single card can nearly whoop a dual card the dual has some problems then.... as for the 5870x2 well it will rip a 295 apart and probably cost about the same. Now most sane people will look at that and take the ati card because they are getting more bang for their buck.

@bosco I can't believe your baseing whether or not to buy ati off of just Arkham Asylum alone. There's gotta be another reason you have for that.

Edited by Compxpert

Ya but that doesn't mean spend sloppy, that'd be like me going out to a stealership and dropping big $$ on a new SS Camaro (and yes I do like the new camaro) because I want the american economy to flourish...I'd still rather consider my options (though I'd still buy american probably :P) but I'd never buy new because I don't want to get ripped off and because there are plenty of great used cars running around that I'd like better for less :thumbs-up:

(and sorry CompExp. no more car talk :P)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

but spend smartly

yea, or that's what they want you to think <.>.> <.>

do they even have mobos and psu's that can do that : |

Any X58 system with a decent board and PSU can run that.

I don't unsderstand why we are comparing cars to computers anyway here. The point a select few of you are missing is that Price vs. performance. 5870 almost outperforms or outperforms a 295 for ~$100 less. Your also missing a big fact that this is Single GPU vs. Dual GPU.... Now IMO if a single card can nearly whoop a dual card the dual has some problems then.... as for the 5870x2 well it will rip a 295 apart and probably cost about the same. Now most sane people will look at that and take the ati card because they are getting more bang for their buck.

@bosco I can't believe your baseing whether or not to buy ati off of just Arkham Asylum alone. There's gotta be another reason you have for that.

I have been playing with PhysX stuff for a while now and Darkest of Days and Batman were the first two games that got me hooked. Considering how popular Batman is the difference in quality of game play with NVIDIA vs ATI is unreal. There is so much missing with an ATI card and the game looks so different and right then and there I was completely turned off. I am not saying I won't have ATI cards because I do but when it comes to gaming I won't use ATI. I also use vReveal alot again something else ATI can't do and for Folding@home there is not much point for me either so its not all about batman :)

I have been playing with PhysX stuff for a while now and Darkest of Days and Batman were the first two games that got me hooked. Considering how popular Batman is the difference in quality of game play with NVIDIA vs ATI is unreal. There is so much missing with an ATI card and the game looks so different and right then and there I was completely turned off. I am not saying I won't have ATI cards because I do but when it comes to gaming I won't use ATI. I also use vReveal alot again something else ATI can't do and for Folding@home there is not much point for me either so its not all about batman :)

but you can run a lowly 9600GT/8800GT in there and have just as much fun ;)

(what's vReveal??, I'm assuming a cuda app??)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

but you can run a lowly 9600GT/8800GT in there and have just as much fun ;)

(what's vReveal??, I'm assuming a cuda app??)

Yes its a Cuda Video Editing Software.

You seem to forget not everyone has Dual PCI-X slots so sometimes thats not an option. Either way its not the same for Vreveal I would match rather have a 285 in there to edit videos.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/17680

B:)