ATi card with Nvidia card for physx

Look here: http://www.egielda.com.pl/?str=news&id=4820

Only x86 for now, but there will be x64 too :)

In light of nvidia recently disabling physx when combined with an AMD/ATI GPU, so and so program provides:

obsługa kart GF 6/7/8/9/GT2xx - use of cards GF 6/7/8/9/gt2xx

działające Physx w przypadku połączenia Radeon+Geforce - working physx in the case of combining radeon+geforce

usunięte zbędne pliki (pliki pomocy etc.) - removing some popups/links

zmniejszony rozmiar plik

Edited by tkrow21

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of nvidia recently disabling physx when combined with an AMD/ATI GPU, so and so program provides:

obsługa kart GF 6/7/8/9/GT2xx - use of cards GF 6/7/8/9/gt2xx

działające Physx w przypadku połączenia Radeon+Geforce - working physx in the case of combining radeon+geforce

usunięte zbędne pliki (pliki pomocy etc.) - removing some popups/links

zmniejszony rozmiar plik

dang (joe dirt style)! you already got a 5870!

whats the benchmark like without physX on darkest days?

I wonder if vista will ever allow dual video cards (ati and nvidia) like windows 7. probably not, there is gonna have to be a buncha windows 7 advantages over vista to try and pull in more sales. Its commin, M$ is gonna start the pressure eventually. I really like vista, I never even upgraded to 64 yet, its just ran so good for me, since day one. I wanted to go 64, i just hate letting go :wub:

edit:

i found this... vista to windows 7 free LOL!!!

Picked it up on release day and had it shipped overnight. I have no idea what the benchmark is in Darkest of Days. I can tell you that it plays smooth without any lag. Ordering a 2nd one in the morning most likely. I've put up 3DMark scores in the 3DMark competition thread in the benchmarks section. I'll update them with 2 5870s as soon as I get it in hand and determine if the 2nd can overclock to 900/1300 like the first. Also plan to crank up the CPU overclock to 4.5-4.6Ghz to get the maximum score possible. I'd really keep an eye out for roadrunner's 3DMark #s. If I were to bet, I'd say he's waiting to run 4 of these like he did with 4 4890s.

A very late reply to a fast moving thread.

lol

I only know conversational Polish well.

I got so lost in Polish BIOS.

i can understand Polish spoken, and i can speak it pretty well, but i can't read it worth crap, cept like czesc, y kurva, nie viem viencie

like it's hard because after a while trying to type it, i start to just write it by sounding it out, which doesn't work

First, it's Waco.

Second, you were being one...but you flip from the red to green team so often it's impossible to keep track of which camp you're in for the day. :lol:

Not many are saying that (and certainly not everyone). If Havok uses an open language I think it will succeed. If nVidia ports PhysX to an open language first it will probably win out. It's really just a matter of who releases and implementation to market that will work on nearly any card first.

If I had a second PCIe slot I'd be throwing an 8800GT in my rig to play games with PhysX. I can't stand how poorly Mirror's Edge and Darkest of Days run (and look) without PhysX. I've heard the new Batman game is similar but I have yet to play it.

the new batman runs fine on my HD4870x2, i can max all setting at 1080P and still get a playable frame rate

psshhh you still don't know what Owy means, me and Tkrow do :D

Owy like when you step on thumbtack and have a gay moment and scream "OWY!!" .....not that I do that :lol:

the new batman runs fine on my HD4870x2, i can max all setting at 1080P and still get a playable frame rate

haha sweet good to know that the good ol' 4870x2's still have their brute force if they need it :thumbs-up:

Edited by IVIYTH0S