ATi card with Nvidia card for physx

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think Darkest days may actually be openGL after all. I enable triple buffering in the nvidia control panel and all the tearing seemed to stop. the in game vsync just seem to cause too much lag for me, it is actually the only game i have ever thought this about. I am firm believer on vsync, i cant stand tearing. But i just didnt like the vsync in darkest days, i really felt like i could feel the lag, i gues i was into it so much that millisecond delay got on my nerves.

But--

the driver based triple buffering works out well. very very well. It should only work with openGL, that is the case, and i would say darkest of days is openGL.

On another note i ran fraps while triple buffed with the setting mentioned above and my fps is 40 to 55 usually always. Before i was goin by the in game benchmark but now fraps during the game gives me usually at least 40-50, barely dips below, but still super smooth as silk. well written engine.

This is a fun game!!! And triple buffering via control panel works wonderfully on it.

You should be able to enable it with an ATI card as well

God Triple Buffering rocks my world....I was so happy when I learned about that recently

Downloaded the demo of Darkest of days, and its not working with my PPU :( Despite this there are PPU settings in the user config file, and i read somewhere that its still supported in the game, so what gives? :angry:

Edited by SenitaL

bad news guys , if you want to play bat man with ati (without physx )

and you are ok with it ...

how about if you have ati card and you want to play it with out physx and you accept that condition

and what you will not accept is the inability to max out the setting .....

no AA for ATI cards when you run that game ..:(

http://www.techpowerup.com/104868/Batman_A...are_on_PCs.html

and i now most of will be worried about crysis 2 ...

since nvidia is developing the game with EA , .........

dam you nvidia

just because they did not release their gt300 and ati released 5800 they are doing every thing they can to direct people to buy their product

why can ATI do the same ..?

i have an answer :) : because ATI plays fair unlike nvidia ... :angry2:

i am really upset ..:(

what if some one who wants to play that game with ati and he accepted to play it with out physx now he must accept playing it with out AA ? !!! !!!!

this is silly

how will that Lucid Hydra chip effect all of this physx talk?

if someone throws a 5870 and an (insert nvidia card here) along with the Hydra chip, will that have any effect on this ?

will that allow a ati and nvidia card to coexist WITH physx? without a workaround

Downloaded the demo of Darkest of days, and its not working with my PPU :( Despite this there are PPU settings in the user config file, and i read somewhere that its still supported in the game, so what gives? :angry:

Nvidia haven't stamped their name on your PPU

if someone throws a 5870 and an (insert nvidia card here) along with the Hydra chip, will that have any effect on this ?

will that allow a ati and nvidia card to coexist WITH physx? without a workaround

I'm sure with the recent publicity that's showing people how much of a-holes nvidia are being...they'll re-enable their physx for everyone again. If they're just stupid

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Nvidia haven't stamped their name on your PPU

Meh, it would only stink up my case if they had <_< oh very well i yield! the next thing on my to buy list will have to be a 9800gtx and ill have to find my windows 7 beta disk (Effing nVidia! and Ef you too Microsoft for your lousy Xbox 360 design flaws!) :rolleyes:

Edited by SenitaL

i hope so , because i like eyefinity , and i think i will give ati another shot .

I'm sure with the recent publicity that's showing people how much of a-holes nvidia are being...they'll re-enable their physx for everyone again. If they're just stupid

i think they will not re enable it , i sure hope that lucid gets here fast

and after what they did , i hate physx ,,,,

ati plays fair ...besides i do not like green , i like red

That remains to be seen.

that is what bothering me ( time ) <_<

i hate waiting i want to see these reviewed (p55-ud4) (x58A-ud4) (5850)

Edited by N.E.A