304 replies to this topic

#25 Compxpert

Compxpert

You may be getting Facepalmed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Still would fit in my Lian-Li but it would be tight for sure. I estimate there would be 3/4 of an inch between the front of the card and my front bays...

Posted Image
>> >>Buy my stuff!!<< <<
XT-1264, X-Fighter, M59, Element T

Lappy - Gateway FX P-7805u - C2D E8400 - 4gb DDRIII - Nvidia 9800M 1gb discrete (1920x1200) - 320gb hdd
Core2Duo E8400 - DFI Lanparty UT P45-T2RS - 4gb OCZ Reaper HPC DDRII 1066 - 600W OCZ GameXStream - Visiontek HD4870
Core i7 920 @ 4.00GHz - DFI LP UT X58-T3eHS - Mushkin 3x 2gb DDR3 - 700W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 2x Sapphire Radeon HD4870 Toxic Ed.
Come join OCC IRC... /server irc.skullboxz.net /join #occ Use the Occ IRC JApplet or check out an IRC Client: mIRC : XChat : HydraIRC
Posted Image
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#26 Krieg1337

Krieg1337

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2858 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:01 AM

By me there would be like 6+inches of space left :lol:

Desktop :i7 3770K @ 4.5ghz TT Extreme 2.0 Asus Gene V with stock MSI Twin Frozr III HD 7950 @ stock
G.Skill DDR3 8gb G.Skill Phoenix 60gb SSD and Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 240gb and Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB and 2x Plextor 256gb M5Pro in Raid 0

Laptop: Late 2013 13" rMBP | 8gb DDR3 | 256gb SSD

#27 tkrow21

tkrow21

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3714 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:05 AM

as long as my coffin is the 5870's cooler (since the card is so freakin big) than you have a deal!

It's designed for enthusiasts, and enthusiasts usually don't have tiny compartments for their parts.
Posted Image
It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that define who you are.

#28 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

It's designed for enthusiasts, and enthusiasts usually don't have tiny compartments for their parts.

I don't have a tiny compartment, it's just now it's getting out of hand.

WHY ARE WE SUPPORTING THIS!?! <_<

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#29 tkrow21

tkrow21

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3714 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

IT'S FOR THE PRETTY PIXELS!
Posted Image
It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that define who you are.

#30 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 11385 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:14 AM

Most benching enthusiast do not use a case anyway, the ones that do usually have a giant one with room for everything including water cooling....

I7-6900K Asus X99 Deluxe 2 Corsair Vengeance 32Gb Intel 750 400gb  2- 1080ti

sigimage.gif

#31 MrAlex

MrAlex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

What if it accidentally fell into a box with my address on it, then got stolen by the mailman and shipped over to my house?

I can dream can't I? :P

#32 ccokeman

ccokeman

????????????

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12447 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Because people want more performance. We all know your miserly concerns and truthfully it has run its course, Its old hat , the same thing in every thread. We know this card is not for you because you would be happy with an old 4850 running 1280x1024 because thas "ALL you need" The old saying is "IF you can't stand the heat get outta tha Kitchen" ! I think that applies here!

Technology drives innovation. I am assuming you would be happy with a Pinto because thats "All you need" to get from point A to point B

If I wanted this card I would buy the case or whatever it took. I paid for a new case, power supply and motherboard when I went Crossfire on the 1900XTs a few years back. Not to mention the $1100 for the 2 cards! It was not what I needed it was what I WANTED. Did I need a CM Stacker 810, did I need a new power supply , did I need a motherboard or the video cards? I wanted a certain level of graphics performance and I bought what I needed to get it. Period! You still cant get past the here and now. Whats sufficient now is not what will be in 6 months or a years time.

Not everyone is in your financial box. If you are on your self described 6 month upgrade schedule thats great but you give information to people who are going to be with their system for YEARS not months! Its poor advise when they must throw good money after bad when they cant play a game unless they drop the resolution and graphic detail in a years time. "This guy on OCC said I would be fine" is the thought in their head as they spend their money on a new card. Not everyone is YOU! Repeating the same drivel over and over in every video card thread is counter productive! Get over it already!

Rant over till the next thread!

Processor Intel Core I7 4690X  4.3Ghz
Memory G.Skill RipJaws  32GB 2400Mhz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV BE
Graphics  GTX TitanX x2
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor ASUS PQ321Q
Cooling Liquid by comittee

Storage  OCZ RevoDrive 350 480GB  Seagate 8TB
Follow OCC on facebook.png

#33 Flibo

Flibo

• FW Team Member
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Getting a 5870 for free would be better than [<3 censorship]!

Edited by Flibo, 19 September 2009 - 08:41 AM.

#34 ccokeman

ccokeman

????????????

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12447 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

Food! LOL

Processor Intel Core I7 4690X  4.3Ghz
Memory G.Skill RipJaws  32GB 2400Mhz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV BE
Graphics  GTX TitanX x2
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor ASUS PQ321Q
Cooling Liquid by comittee

Storage  OCZ RevoDrive 350 480GB  Seagate 8TB
Follow OCC on facebook.png

#35 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

Because people want more performance. We all know your miserly concerns and truthfully it has run its course, Its old hat , the same thing in every thread. We know this card is not for you because you would be happy with an old 4850 running 1280x1024 because thas "ALL you need" The old saying is "IF you can't stand the heat get outta tha Kitchen" ! I think that applies here!

Technology drives innovation. I am assuming you would be happy with a Pinto because thats "All you need" to get from point A to point B

If I wanted this card I would buy the case or whatever it took. I paid for a new case, power supply and motherboard when I went Crossfire on the 1900XTs a few years back. Not to mention the $1100 for the 2 cards! It was not what I needed it was what I WANTED. Did I need a CM Stacker 810, did I need a new power supply , did I need a motherboard or the video cards? I wanted a certain level of graphics performance and I bought what I needed to get it. Period! You still cant get past the here and now. Whats sufficient now is not what will be in 6 months or a years time.

Not everyone is in your financial box. If you are on your self described 6 month upgrade schedule thats great but you give information to people who are going to be with their system for YEARS not months! Its poor advise when they must throw good money after bad when they cant play a game unless they drop the resolution and graphic detail in a years time. "This guy on OCC said I would be fine" is the thought in their head as they spend their money on a new card. Not everyone is YOU! Repeating the same drivel over and over in every video card thread is counter productive! Get over it already!

lol to that...

So if intel put out an all in one computer that was 8'x10' and had to run off of nuclear power just to finally max our crysis....you'd buy it, gotcha ;)

I'll agree to keep my mouth shut about it until I see the benchmarks since if it performs well enough, it will be justified

how dare I recommend better hardware for a potential customer's price point, or equal hardware for cheaper :rolleyes:

Edited by IVIYTH0S, 19 September 2009 - 09:03 AM.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#36 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 11385 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Well put Frank, all I really need is one of those old P2s that is in the closet upstairs for posting here checking email, and the occasional word document but is that what I want? Hell no I like benching and want the top hardware and change to accommodate the latest and greatest of it. :) If I listened to what some forum members say I would not have a big enough power supply to run but one cheap video card, as it is now 2 of them bring a 1200w silverstone to its knees....

I7-6900K Asus X99 Deluxe 2 Corsair Vengeance 32Gb Intel 750 400gb  2- 1080ti

sigimage.gif