HAHA YEAH, Passed The Road Test!

MJCRO

I had this guy yell at me and claim that I didn't know the rules of the road because HE was a prick and jumped out from an entrance onto a circle with his big truck. I don't stand for drivers like that and at the first opportunity I cut him off and then he followed me back to the store. I told him off because age has NOTHING to do with driving skill or knowledge of rules of the road, I hate people like that and seek them out so I can educate them, at any cost.

A more recent case: I rammed some guy the other day in my new car because he was trying to force his way in with his SUV and didn't yield to me, the one already in the lane. His side of his brand new Mazda CX7 was all scratched up from my mirror digging into his paint, all I got was a paint chip on my mirror and a tire outline on my door (which I scrubbed out pretty easy with a towel). It felt so good that his paint got so messed up though, I know where he works too so once I buy the touch up paint for my mirror, I will go up there and have him pay for it.

Sounds dangerous and stupid to me :blink:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This 100000%. If you know your car and how it handles you are MUCH more prepared in emergency situations to do exactly what is needed by instinct.

My car has no traction control, more power than needed, and summer (dry weather) tires. To top it off it's relatively lightweight and has a very stiff suspension. If I didn't know how to handle it at its limits I'd be a danger to others if I was in a situation where I had to stop quickly or avoid an obstacle.

Once you get a feel for your car at its limits reacting properly is second nature. :)

Your assuming that everyone will be sensible with their new found skills. I rekon it would just cause crashes at higher speed since rather than binning it at the first sign of trouble, they are able to keep pushing until they get caught out and kill themselves.

As for the sliding in the snow, well that's different, but i'm assuming normal conditions. There will always be exceptions and although i admit i don't have any facts to back it up, i'd think most accidents occur at relatively low speeds in urban/city areas involving more than one car, rather than losing it on an empty road.

Sounds dangerous and stupid to me :blink:
^ I agree....

Deliberately hitting another car sounds stupid to me regardless of the situation or how much of a prick the other driver was.

I didn't outright ram him...but the lane became an exit that got narrower and narrower and he drifted into me since I WAS NOT going to yield to him, I had the right of way.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I understand your frustration, it happens all the time in city driving.

I, however, like my car, and I'll let the guy in, but I'll give him a honk or two to let him know he's being a ditz.

Edit-

., why didn't you honk when you noticed he was beginning to drift over?

Edited by nVidia_Freak

I understand your frustration, it happens all the time in city driving.

I, however, like my car, and I'll let the guy in, but I'll give him a honk or two to let him know he's being a ditz.

Edit-

., why didn't you honk when you noticed he was beginning to drift over?

I did, I laid on my horn and he just stared at me until we collided, as if I was the one in the wrong. I wanted to kill him for being such an aloof butt hole about it.

That's funny, when I was in Croatia 2 years ago, We rented a Opel Corsa and that thing was a joke, a 1.0L a like 70 HP engine, lol the thing could barely do over 150km/h on the highway.

that's what I need for work and back :rolleyes: money in the bank not in the tank

Your assuming that everyone will be sensible with their new found skills. I rekon it would just cause crashes at higher speed since rather than binning it at the first sign of trouble, they are able to keep pushing until they get caught out and kill themselves.

I think you're really starting to exaggerate this now. Just because someone has racing experience doesn't mean that they're going to drive like a maniac on the road. I was on a university sponsored racing team in college and I have many friends who regularly take their cars to the track to race. In general, I find that people who race their cars are some of the best drivers I know.

It sounds to me like you're just working off of a lot of assumptions for this theory.

As for the sliding in the snow, well that's different, but i'm assuming normal conditions. There will always be exceptions and although i admit i don't have any facts to back it up, i'd think most accidents occur at relatively low speeds in urban/city areas involving more than one car, rather than losing it on an empty road.

"Low speed" is a relative term. If you're going fast enough to cause damage or injury in a collision, then you're going fast enough to have traction problems in snow. Knowing how to handle or avoid traction loss would be very useful in that case.

Again, I think you're exaggerating by thinking these skills are only useful at high speeds in wide open areas.

A more recent case: I rammed some guy the other day in my new car because he was trying to force his way in with his SUV and didn't yield to me, the one already in the lane. His side of his brand new Mazda CX7 was all scratched up from my mirror digging into his paint, all I got was a paint chip on my mirror and a tire outline on my door (which I scrubbed out pretty easy with a towel). It felt so good that his paint got so messed up though, I know where he works too so once I buy the touch up paint for my mirror, I will go up there and have him pay for it.

This my boy, is a fail post. Please note this for future reference, as it is classed in the 'epic' category.

Note to self: your attitude towards driving stinks.

You assume far too much. Just because someone knows how to handle their car doesn't mean they're going to drive at the limits on public roads. That, and I would bet that people with real track experience are the ones who AREN'T driving like maniacs on public roads because they're smart enough to keep it on the track.

This my boy, is a fail post. Please note this for future reference, as it is classed in the 'epic' category.

Note to self: your attitude towards driving stinks.

This. Even when I had a complete shitbox and I KNEW the other driver was doing something incredibly stupid I went out of my way to avoid any contact between vehicles. Cutting people off and letting them run into you because you don't want to yield is just pure asshattery and it's downright stupid and dangerous.

Edited by Waco

I did, I laid on my horn and he just stared at me until we collided, as if I was the one in the wrong. I wanted to kill him for being such an aloof butt hole about it.

Ya probably not the best thing to do nowadays considering people sue for anything and you never know if they might have a loaded gun at there side.