Do I need to overclock...

eedijs

Hello! Some time ago I got a new PC. I thought Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium wars doesn't need extreme PC to play without lags, but I played a LAN game yesterday with my relatives. The beginning was okay - smooth, no lags.

After 2 hours it started to lag a bit - why? We didn't have bases all over the map... just my brother had like 20 mammoth tanks - should that be the lag? I think I have a good PC, I shouldn't have any lags, but I'll let you comment.

So, do I need to overclock something to have absolutely no lags?

My PC:

AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6Ghz

Kingston 2x2GB

Gigabyte GTX 260OC (216 core...)

MSI AMD 770-C45 motherboard

Also I was checking task manager, this game was eating about 800MB of my RAM - is that normal? I had 3GB more RAM, why the lags?

Please help, if you know what's the problem.

Thanks.

We had all programs like utorrent turned off when it started to lag, but as I said after 2 hours it started again (no one was downloading something).

Me and sisters friend are from one country,one city, but brother is from England - I guess that doesn't interrupt anything. And we all have 10mbps and faster internet. Strange...

BUT. One day I had massive lag when there was a nuke explosion... like on my old PC, and it was offline not online. I have no idea what's wrong.

I just got this pc last month, so it's not that old.

RTS games dont really need high framerates.

when your playing games on the net. its your upload that counts for most of it, but C&C3 runs perfect on my brothers pc

3.2HT Single core

8600GT

2gb 667 ram

1280x1024

running med-high.

it seems like a network or somthing is heating up to much in your system

I'd overclock everything just because, it cant hurt anything

:withstupid: I do it just to get a 20 second or less boot with raid and Like 10-20 more frame rates in games. Its a good time killer too if board :P

i would overclock everything just so you can brag to say your pc is higher performance then whoevers. i didnt need to overclock my Q9550 to play COD 4 on max settings but i did and im perfectly happy with it. I also overclocked my GTX260 core 216 to 696core clock. and as far as AA/AF i would leave those at 4 and if you oc you gpu youll notice a solid gain in benchmarks