Do I need to overclock...

eedijs

To be fair it CAN hurt things, best to be careful and understand that overclocking may lead to damaged components.

True, but it's fun :)

If you do plan on OC'ing, you should first download a temp monitoring program and Prime95 or OCCT and check your current temps both idle and full load (you will need to let prime or OCCT run for an hour or 2 to make sure your at full load temps). Let us know what the temps are and one of our AMD guru's (I haven't built an AMD system in probibly 8+ years..) can let you know how far you could push your system...

I generally like to go over 3.2ghz to reduce bottlenecking...

Are you kidding me? I can push this thing to 3.2ghz??? My temps : no load - 35, load - 50. I have a case with LCD thermometer :)

So what do I do? I have only over clocked my old pc.... I dont want too high temperatures too. I have 3 12cm fans (simple).

Edited by eedijs

Since no-one has said it, was the lag JUST on your machine, or did others experience it too??

What spec machines do the others have?

I had this same problem with C&C3 when we played with my brothers laptop. It ran fine at first, but once the game progressed, and battles broke out etc, it started to lag. But it lagged on everyones machine. Then, we played without the laptop, and problem went away.

Could be that one of the other machines is causing the lag, cause its not good enough. Too many things to keep track of, and it bogs down the machine.

Since no-one has said it, was the lag JUST on your machine, or did others experience it too??

What spec machines do the others have?

I had this same problem with C&C3 when we played with my brothers laptop. It ran fine at first, but once the game progressed, and battles broke out etc, it started to lag. But it lagged on everyones machine. Then, we played without the laptop, and problem went away.

Could be that one of the other machines is causing the lag, cause its not good enough. Too many things to keep track of, and it bogs down the machine.

yeah, it could be a memory leak in the software code itself maybe??

(and I meant to mention earlier to be careful overclocking)

We all have good PC's to run CnC at max settings, so it couldn't be it.

Dunno about specs, but they said that game's at max resolution and all settings maxed.

but did they experience the framerate decrease hours into the game??