does anyone else have sprint

IVIYTH0S

I got conned into getting a samsung instinct from all the advertising and mostly positive reviews I saw online...but this phone is so crappy in everyway.

Little to no *quality* 3rd party app support

Horrible Youtube video quality (if the thing even loads the video, you also cant pause or scan through the video)

1 and half hours battery life when browsing the internet (and less then a day's battery no matter what)

choppy menu transitions

sometimes laggy texting

internet speeds no better, if not worse then my tethered Samsung upstage (which had the old EVDO Rev. 0 internet not the "new and improved" EVDO Rev. A)

I want a phone with alot of nice 3rd party support, good internet, decent battery life, functional (as I'm completely over the whole "looking good touchscreen" crap now....meaning I want a physical qwerty keyboard)

I have three different roads to take....

I could go the Blackberry route, the htc (windows mobile) route, or the Palm phone route.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!!! I'll probably throw this junker up on ebay tonight!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the palm pre just launched as a sprint exclusive.

Otherwise there is always a blackberry...

ya...but the palm pre is sooooo expensive I'm lookin to spend like 250 MAX (preferably about $150-200) but the cheaper the better

I have a Nokia E71 Grey Steel its a very good quality phone, it uses Symbian OS6 FP1 so tonnes of applications the battery life is around 2 days of mid to heavy internet usuage nokia-e71-piseth.jpg

I believe there is now a E71x and they have just announced a 2009/10 version, If you do get one and it comes with modified firmware by your service provider I can let you know how to install the far better Nokia Firmware also

Oh and also it should fit within your budget as they are around

Edited by Dr_Frankenstein

I have a Nokia E71 Grey Steel its a very good quality phone, it uses Symbian OS6 FP1 so tonnes of applications the battery life is around 2 days of mid to heavy internet usuage nokia-e71-piseth.jpg

I believe there is now a E71x and they have just announced a 2009/10 version, If you do get one and it comes with modified firmware by your service provider I can let you know how to install the far better Nokia Firmware also

Oh and also it should fit within your budget as they are around

I have an 8330 on the Sprint network and I love it. I was thinking about getting the new Pre, but at $200 I don't see an excuse yet since it doesn't really have anything my Blackberry doesn't. You'll most likely be very happy with a curve, everyone I know loves theirs.

I just won an HTC Touch Pro from ebay for 177 so that wasn't too bad a deal. The windows mobile phones look pretty versatile and I see alot of modding potential with that phone, and aside my keyboard issues, I liked my old HTC mogul in the short time I owned it. I'll tell you all how it ends up, if this turns to be a lemon too I'm definitely going the blackberry route, as I hear they have a really good software backing too. The only blackberry I wouldn't get would be the pearl (hate that double letter keyboard, it ruins the point of having a full keyboard...)

For now I'm back to my never failing Samsung Upstage

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Blackberry tour is coming out i would go that route if you want to be able to use the phone without charging it during the day.

Sprint is great thou!!

use the phone without chargin it during the day, what do you mean by that?? I'm confused :huh:

and this is my new phone (for those who don't know)

htc-touch-pro-00.jpg

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...

I have the new Palm Pre and it is $200 after $100 rebate but if you buy it at radioshack or bestbuy it is only $200. It is probably one of the best phones I have ever used and the app store is still in the early sgtages but it shows great potential. It can multitask and you can listen to music, surf the web, text message, and look up movie times at the same time. The battery life is good and can get you through the day. It is the best phone on the sprint network and doesn't have any of the problems the Instinct has

I have the new Palm Pre and it is $200 after $100 rebate but if you buy it at radioshack or bestbuy it is only $200. It is probably one of the best phones I have ever used and the app store is still in the early sgtages but it shows great potential. It can multitask and you can listen to music, surf the web, text message, and look up movie times at the same time. The battery life is good and can get you through the day. It is the best phone on the sprint network and doesn't have any of the problems the Instinct has

you don't have to get a 2 year contract to get it for 200 dollars?