Favorite Anime

Andrewr05

Just a general question to supplement this question.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like anime?

• Yes! I quite enjoy anime... ----and they're not cartoons!! *shakes fist*
    • Sometimes... I don't spend every waking hour watching anime but I enjoy them here and there.
    • No! I'm an adult, I don't watch cartoons!
  2. 2. What is your favorite genre?

• Action
    • Adventure
    • Comedy
    • Drama
    • Ecchi
    • Fantasy
    • Horror
    • Irrational
    • Magic
    • Martial Arts
    • Mecha
    • Mystery
    • Parody
    • Romance
    • SoL (Slice of Life)
    • Science-Fiction
    • Sports
    • Super Power
    • XXX ??? I'm willing to bet we've all seen one, I however doubt it will be a favorite...
    • NONE, I do not watch anime!

<--- Trigun (obviously)

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Lupin The Third

Ghost In The Shell

No particular order. I like anime but I'm not one of those people that gets all juicy about it, so I found your first poll question hard to answer. Both answers seemed extreme (either "OMG yes, I want it to have my babies!" or "No, it's the devil!"). I just think it's neat sometimes, so I was kinda hoping for an option in the middle, but I picked the affirmative one.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Fooly Cooly

2.Cowboy Bebop

3.Samurai Champloo

4.Ghost in the Shell

5.Full Metal Alchemist

6.Eurecka 7

Those are my favorites by far in that order.

<--- Trigun (obviously)

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Lupin The Third

Ghost In The Shell

No particular order. I like anime but I'm not one of those people that gets all juicy about it, so I found your first poll question hard to answer. Both answers seemed extreme (either "OMG yes, I want it to have my babies!" or "No, it's the devil!"). I just think it's neat sometimes, so I was kinda hoping for an option in the middle, but I picked the affirmative one.

1.Fooly Cooly

2.Cowboy Bebop

3.Samurai Champloo

4.Ghost in the Shell

5.Full Metal Alchemist

6.Eurecka 7

Those are my favorites by far in that order.

I can tell that you two have only been exposed to Adult Swim's Anime, if you you think those shows are good (and yes they were all good choices), then you oughta check out some other shows.

I can tell that you two have only been exposed to Adult Swim's Anime, if you you think those shows are good (and yes they were all good choices), then you oughta check out some other shows.

I have watched lots of anime but these came to mind right away, I watch Gunslinger Girl, Witchblade, and Basilisk on IFC every now and then but I like the Adult Swim variety more.

im a sucker for anything KyoAni. If I had to pick a fav it would be Clannad. key + kyoani = win. i dont watch only read bleach, one piece, and naruto. But yeah, favourites would include: Clannad, Clannad AS, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and maybe Claymore. Much love to all other good anime too. Call me a girl if you want to.

currently watching: K-ON!

edit: almost forgot, the girl who leapt through time. yes, again, call me a girl if you so wish.

Not really in any special order, but here are ones I've enjoyed the most.

TV Series:

Ruroni Kenshin - Martial Arts - Awesome action scenes, good humor, great story ...though many filler, after the Kyoto Arc kinda falls apart

Robotech - Science Fiction/Mecha - OLD ...but classic

Full Metal Panic! (Season 1) - Mecha - Nothing new but what it does do is brilliant! Great action and hilarious - nice mix of CGI too.

Last Exile - Adventure - Best show I picked up on a whim. Starts off happy go lucky but the story quickly turn dark - great mix of CGI, love the music

Bleach - Martial Arts/Fantasy/Magic - Another show like the above ones where the characters draw me in

Naruto - Martial Arts/Fantasy - It's silly but I still like it

Full Metal Alchemist - Action/Adventure/Magic - Again, silly but cracks me up and easy to get in to

Gungrave - Action - Trigun fans should LOVE this one as well

Street Fighter V - Martial Arts - Only for Street Fighter fans but not bad ...end was rushed though

Records of the Lodoss War - Fantasy - Another OLD one. You can tell they ripped off LotR but I still enjoyed it

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Science Fiction/Mecha - Bit twisted, ok really twisted, not my favorite but still worth checking out

Escaflowne - Fantasy/Mecha - Another classic anime. A bit more innocent than most as it was originally developed for girls but was popular for both M/F

Movies:

Ninja Scroll - Martial Arts - Must own

Street Fighter: The Animated Movie - Martial Arts - SF fans NEED to see this. Ryu vs Sagat fight in beginning = AMAZING and Chun Li vs Vega!

Appleseed - Action - Stunning graphics, good music, easily forgettable storyline though

Fist of the North Star - Martial Arts - Where one punch = exploding heads lol

Wonderful Days (aka Sky Blue) - Science Fiction - Korean anime with THE BEST VISUALS I have ever seen

Offshoots (aka OAVs):

Samurai X - The darker side of Ruroni Kenshin, when he was actually an assassin. More mature artwork. The grim storyline of his past.

Full Metal Panic? - Fumoffu! - Comedy - The original is a bit dark in parts. Fumoffu focuses entirely on the comedy aspect and does it well!

Ninja Scroll (TV Show) - Martial Arts - Even darker, gorier and twisted than the movie

This topic had me yank Last Exile out of retirement, damn I wish I had my stereo hooked up still. I love the opening song and tv speakers don't do it ANY justice - almost all of the subtle changes are too faint/inaudible to be enjoyed. <_<

Edited by Fogel

Wonderful Days (aka Sky Blue) - Science Fiction - Korean anime with THE BEST VISUALS I have ever seen
I'm sure the screen shots don't give that movie any justice but it looks incredibly well done...

• 2 weeks later...