Ultra Kaze 3K RPM into Fan Header?

Hey guys.

Anyway I got the Scythe Ultra Kaze 3k RPM and they are VERY loud. I was wondering what ways are there to slow them down other then buying a fan controller since it seems kind of stupid to buy a fan controller for 2 fans in my case. It has an adapter so I can plug it into the PSU and fan header. I was wondering if it is connected to the fan header can I control the fan in windows?

Could use resistors but I couldn't tell you how many ohms of resistance you require without knowing the specifics. Plus since its not a specific speed or noise lvl that you can determine you would need something adjustable... a resistor that is adjustable would work or a fan controller... fan controllers aren't that expensive and even I'm looking into getting one for my Kaze Jyunis.

I have the 3k's and the sunbeam rheobus fan controller, it doesn't let them run at their absolute max but I didn't get the controller to run them at max anyway. I get to enjoy peace while at my computer now lol, the max still has them run very strong though, just not *completely* maxed

Hey guys.

Anyway I got the Scythe Ultra Kaze 3k RPM and they are VERY loud. I was wondering what ways are there to slow them down other then buying a fan controller since it seems kind of stupid to buy a fan controller for 2 fans in my case. It has an adapter so I can plug it into the PSU and fan header. I was wondering if it is connected to the fan header can I control the fan in windows?

can't ya just dial down the use percentage in your bios hardware monitor... call me krazy...!! ;)

can't ya just dial down the use percentage in your bios hardware monitor... call me krazy...!! ;)

I think he's running two fans (like me). So he'd stilll have to get a single fan controller at the very least.