Need Suggestions for New Car

Kash

45k is not a couple of miles ... a couple is like, 20k lol.

Fine I'll look for one with 20-25k.

One thing with buying an older luxury car, they cost a fortune to keep running. If you spend $30k on an old S-Class or similar, be prepared to empty your wallet every time you go in for service. Same thing that kept me from getting a Jaguar XJ.

Not really. My dad drives an 04 745i and he's only had like 500 bucks of maintenance since he bought it (like a year ago).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off a random site. Some sites have loads of 02-05 7 series.

03 with 45k miles.

http://www.usedcars.com/vehicledetail.aspx...icleId=17658257

05 with 47.5k miles and "gangsta rimz" (they look like crap imo).

http://www.usedcars.com/vehicledetail.aspx...icleId=17658257

Now lets see if you are true to your word. :lol:

'03 and '05 are not "a couple of years old." A couple is, by definition, 2 years old.

Fine, here's more.

Keep in mind that these are cars in my area. You will have to search for them on your own for ones in your area.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

This one seems nice.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c...;standard=false

All of these are around 35k dollars and under 40k miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...;standard=false

05 with 25k miles for 30k

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

Edited by l33t p1mp

Not really. My dad drives an 04 745i and he's only had like 500 bucks of maintenance since he bought it (like a year ago).

You really are stupid! Grow up, a 04 BMW is a new car for christs sake! I drive a 27 year old (1982) Honda Civic, now that's an old car, not something that's barely 4 years old :rolleyes:

Hyper_Threaded, there's a big difference between buying an old Merc/BMW and buying an old Jag... Jags are crap quality wise, whereas Mercs and BMWs are not! There's a reason most cabs in Europe are old Mercs, like a 190E, cause you simply can't break them, and they're cheap to maintain.

@InCrysis, why would you purposely buy a crap car? The only American designed car I would think about buying is the Chrysler Crossfire, but that's because it is simply a Mercedes SLK only it looks different. Everything else is Benz, engine, elecronics, roof... you name it!

You really are stupid! Grow up, a 04 BMW is a new car for christs sake! I drive a 27 year old (1982) Honda Civic, now that's an old car, not something that's barely 4 years old :rolleyes:

Hyper_Threaded, there's a big difference between buying an old Merc/BMW and buying an old Jag... Jags are crap quality wise, whereas Mercs and BMWs are not! There's a reason most cabs in Europe are old Mercs, like a 190E, cause you simply can't break them, and they're cheap to maintain.

@InCrysis, why would you purposely buy a crap car? The only American designed car I would think about buying is the Chrysler Crossfire, but that's because it is simply a Mercedes SLK only it looks different. Everything else is Benz, engine, elecronics, roof... you name it!

I do agree that an 04 isn't old at all, its waco saying that...

I only go for cars that I can buy cash in hand, I may never take out a car loan. I do pretty much 90% of all my car maintainance so that barely costs anything, my first car (Jeep Comanche) was $700. But it soon died since it had a really bad 2.8L V6 from a blazer (that's the stock motor not a swap in). Then i got a Jeep Cherokee free from my Uncle which ran so well not matter what I did to it, it had the invicible 4.0L I6, the only downfall to that was that I smashed it up and it now sits in my drive way until I can fix it back up. I'm currently driving a Saturn SL2 (1997) that I got for $1400 dollars which is great deal considering it's fast, and far more economical on fuel then my two Jeeps (no surprise there). I would never buy new and certainly not buy newer than a 2002. I think my friend was so stupid in buying that hyundai (and not just because I absolutely hate hyundai's or accent's in particular, though that added to it). I don't know why people have a problem with american cars, they are really just as good (granted we aren't talking select luxury cars, of which I have no care or desire for) as a any foreign car now a days.

Have you considered maybe a ford fusion (hybrid would be nice too), my sister rented one to come back home and visit and it was really nice and was the most quiet car I've ever driven in (and that wasn't even the hybrid model).

I mean get what you want but don't just cross american off the list just because it's american, and certainly don't buy new.

I mean get what you want but don't just cross american off the list just because it's american, and certainly don't buy new.

That was a stipulation added to by my dad. However, now that I'll be buying the car on my own next year, American is now an option.

IVIYTHOS, Silverfox and many other petrolheads will agree with me here, there are only a few American cars I would consider buying, and most of those are European/Asian engineered. Compare a Cadillac CTS to a BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 or even a Mercedes E-Class. The CTS looks horrible (except the CTS-V) and the quality is just not as good as a European car!

i wouldn't buy ANY Cadillac EVER they are ALL junk and horribly put together even if it is the CTS-V if you want a fast car buy a corvette, not a corvette with a cadillac body on top and alot of extra b/s added to it. I wish GM would just shut down cadillac all together because even as many problems as Lincoln has they're still built alot better then ANY Cadillac. My Gma drives a 06 cts and its been in the shop more times then I can count and barly has 45K miles on it. kash have you considered a truck? or do you just want a car? Ford's releasing a new 6.2L engine for the F150 at the end of the year that's going to have 420hp. I still want a 03 Corbra

IVIYTHOS, Silverfox and many other petrolheads will agree with me here, there are only a few American cars I would consider buying, and most of those are European/Asian engineered. Compare a Cadillac CTS to a BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 or even a Mercedes E-Class. The CTS looks horrible (except the CTS-V) and the quality is just not as good as a European car!

I already referred to that :D

I don't know why people have a problem with american cars, they are really just as good (granted we aren't talking select luxury cars of which I have no care or desire for) as a any foreign car now a days. ,
Edited by IVIYTH0S

IMHO Hyundai Elantras just go and go.

I bought these two cars new back in 2002 paid them off in six months :closedeyes:

They have served me well.

The Michelin tires lasted to 50,000+. I have bought a battery for each.

Replaced front struts on mine and front and rear on hers.

Replaced rear pads and a rear brake caliper and a thermostat on mine

And of course changed the oil and a few headlight bulbs.

I can't complain, mine is the red one :rolleyes:

post-9745-1239567774_thumb.jpg

post-9745-1239567798_thumb.jpg

post-9745-1239567821_thumb.jpg

post-9745-1239567841_thumb.jpg

IMHO Hyundai Elantras just go and go.

I bought these two cars new back in 2002 paid them off in six months :closedeyes:

They have served me well.

The Michelin tires lasted to 50,000+. I have bought a battery for each.

Replaced front struts on mine and front and rear on hers.

Replaced rear pads and a rear brake caliper and a thermostat on mine

And of course changed the oil and a few headlight bulbs.

I can't complain, mine is the red one :rolleyes:

have your's developed that hyundai screech yet (when the power steering pump screechs after a while I know three people with accent's that eventually got that, it's usually when it's cold engine and cold environment)

How many miles do they both have? My Jeep Cherokee Was 198K exactly right before I crashed it, the engine has so much left in it so I'm going to fix it up.

Edited by IVIYTH0S