Need Suggestions for New Car

Kash

Everyone seems to sell straight out of there pocket with their fingers in their ears :lol:... guess it's because we only go through one at a minimum of 5+ years.

Anywho, I'll drop in my conceded 2 cents. I like the Challenger, which I see you've looked at as far as styling. I've never taken a liking to the Audi/BMW/Lexus/Acura genre - they send out the wrong message if you know what I mean... They really blend in with everyone else with that gray conservative styling.... Argh! If I drive in, I'll just be another guy and/or snobby douche (:P). I guess it's a plus if you don't want to attract attention... but from what I'm gathering styling does matter quite a bit (Course appearance is everything in my book :lol: ).

Oh, and if you drive a Merc... people will hate. If you drive a Cadillac (other than a CTS) you're an old lady and/or bling boy. I know it's crude and judgmental... but in your profession I think it matters a good deal :lol:

But yes, the Challenger is radical and WILL get you noticed. I love the looks of the thing and the R/T version is right there in that range. The SRT is also there if you get the extra cash... but I don't think it's worth it's worth it. It's big... it's loud... charismatic.... it's cool... and it gets fairly decent mileage 16/25. Why did you say it wasn't practical?

2008_dodge_challenger_srt8_10_gallery_image_large.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone seems to sell straight out of there pocket with their fingers in their ears :lol:... guess it's because we only go through one at a minimum of 5+ years.

Anywho, I'll drop in my conceded 2 cents. I like the Challenger, which I see you've looked at as far as styling. I've never taken a liking to the Audi/BMW/Lexus/Acura genre - they send out the wrong message if you know what I mean... They really blend in with everyone else with that gray conservative styling.... Argh! If I drive in, I'll just be another guy and/or snobby douche (:P). I guess it's a plus if you don't want to attract attention... but from what I'm gathering styling does matter quite a bit (Course appearance is everything in my book :lol: ).

Oh, and if you drive a Merc... people will hate. If you drive a Cadillac (other than a CTS) you're an old lady and/or bling boy. I know it's crude and judgmental... but in your profession I think it matters a good deal :lol:

But yes, the Challenger is radical and WILL get you noticed. I love the looks of the thing and the R/T version is right there in that range. The SRT is also there if you get the extra cash... but I don't think it's worth it's worth it. It's big... it's loud... Charismatic.... It's cool... and it gets fairly decent mileage 16/25. Why did you say it wasn't practical?

2008_dodge_challenger_srt8_10_gallery_image_large.jpg

I prefer a car with a back seat. I need to be able to haul people around, so coupes are out of the question.

Owned!post-20152-1239594652_thumb.jpg He didn't rule out and was at one point considering a Charger though.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

if you dont think Cadillac's are junk Waco then you need to come spned a day in the shop with me and i promise you you'll be cussin every last one of them after you work on one. lol Hell man I drive a 03 Ranger, has alot of stuff done to it with 125K miles on it but it has no oil leaks and the only thing i've ever HAD to replace was the battery other then normal maintenance.

Owned!post-20152-1239594652_thumb.jpg

I do accede that I missed that post - but it does have a relatively roomy back. ;) It is quite a large car if you ever see one in person. After all, it is on the same platform as a Charger/Magnum.

Dodge%20Challenger%20Back%20Seats.jpg

It wasn't a practical option initially because of my dad's reticence regarding American cars. However, as I stated a few posts ago, now that I'll be purchasing the vehicle on my own next year, American cars definitely are options now. I'm seriously considering the Charger or the Challenger because they're cheap and they have this really neat uconnect system where the car has a 30GB hard drive built in. No need to carry around an iPod anymore :)

As for the coupe issue, it's relative. I test drove the Challenger, it does have a pretty decent back seat. However, the vast majority of coupes out there have tiny back seats, which is not an option for me.

As for the coupe issue, it's relative. I test drove the Challenger, it does have a pretty decent back seat. However, the vast majority of coupes out there have tiny back seats, which is not an option for me.

True. The back seat in my car is all but unusable. :lol:

I do accede that I missed that post - but it does have a relatively roomy back. ;) It is quite a large car if you ever see one in person. After all, it is on the same platform as a Charger/Magnum.

Dodge%20Challenger%20Back%20Seats.jpg

my mistake, I meant more emphasis on the "no coupe" part (not to mention, was unaware how good the back seat on that car is WOW :blink: )

Edited by IVIYTH0S

if you dont think Cadillac's are junk Waco then you need to come spned a day in the shop with me and i promise you you'll be cussin every last one of them after you work on one. lol Hell man I drive a 03 Ranger, has alot of stuff done to it with 125K miles on it but it has no oil leaks and the only thing i've ever HAD to replace was the battery other then normal maintenance.

They are a pain to work on, yes, but that doesn't make them crap.

They are a pain to work on, yes, but that doesn't make them crap.

:withstupid: Have you ever heard of the horrors of working on a honda/acura transmission?

I was talking with a transmission shop mechanic about it while my buddy was getting his auto swapped for a manual in his wrangler. They are the biggest pains in the rear to work on, but that doesn't make them bad. (Though frequent trips to the shop would often lead one to believe in the a lower reliability of the product)

Do the caddies always come in often for the same problem?

Coincidentally, there's a CarMax right down the street from my house :P

I got rid of my 97 Camero Z28 SS at Carmax hehe they never noticed

the heater did not work the transmission slipped and leaked.

I waited for a warm rainy day. they only gave me wholesale anyway. <_<

post-9745-1239598824_thumb.jpg