ATi vs. nVidia

Nerm

:P

This ATI vs nVidia thing reminds me of two dealerships....

One on one side of the street and one on the other....

Ford VS chevy.... every saturday morning I see the sales men on both sides, outside blowing up thier balloons. Watching each other with slit eyes, wondering who will get the most ballons up in the air B4 the customers sho up...

They must think the one with the most balloons in the air will get the most customers.... Silly.

I have an ATI and an nVidia card in 2 out of 5 computers on my network...

They both put out great performance...

I also own a chevy and a ford truck... I bought one from each of the dealers!!

Did I mention I got two free balloons!!!??

Edited by Weldwire

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thats what they said when the 9500 and 9700 Came out. Games are ALREADY starting to utilize PS3.0, but not many have been showing up. PS3.0 will be all over a few months after the release of the 6800, and that'll put the X800 in its place.

Nvidia promises a 50 % Increase with Direct x 9.1 but when it comes out ATI will gain increase too , SO NVIDIA sucks! i hate thier cards , If i ever had the chance alone with a Nvidia card , U would never be able to tell it was a video card , Im a Dieheart ATI Fan

ATI Ownz! dont forget that!

The NV40 will OWNZ the ATI card. I have always been a diehard NVidia fan EXCEPT for the FX series. Lets pretend that never existed and then talk about which company is better. :P

hmm the x800 pro is about even with the 6800 U, so that must mean the x800xt will own it

And Ati Doesnt fricken require a 480 Watt PSU for a stable system

If you think about it, onyl high performance users will be buying these card, and chances are, they will ALREADY have a high watt PSU. And they lowered the PSU requirements, just to let you know. And actually, the 6800U outperforms the X800Pro, the extra 4 pipes ensures that. Just about all the reviews out are extremely biased, so unless YOU can buy both, the 6800U Extreme (when it comes out) and the X800XT-PE and compare them yourself, I suggest you DONT base your opinions on a review.

:withstupid: Yeah, nVidia went a little too conservative with that PSU requirement. I read a review of an ES 6800U board, and it ran just fine on a 300W PSU, though naturally the fact that its an ES board means we can't rely on that. But nvidia has clearly stated now that the initial requirements they speced are not true...it'll run fine on far less.

from what ive herd the 59xx level of the fx line are the only good fx cards and as for the 98 xt it is a proven performer. so i would say got with wich ever you can find cheaper.

Edited by RADEON

9800XT smashes the 5950, sad to say. The 5950 is usually performing a BIT better than the 9800Pro. Reason:9800XT has better PS2.0(2.1?) performance, making most if not all DX9B games run smoother and faster with better picture quality.