Have you ever seen a ghost?

Queenz

I don't think so. When I'm really stressed out I tend to have a lot of hypnagogic hallucinations (which if you've ever had them, are scary as HELL sometimes). Sometimes during those I would wake up and see ghost-like things standing in my doorway, at the foot of my bed, etc. Not pleasant when they first happen, but once I snap out of it and realize it's nothing, I go back to sleep. That's probably as close as I've ever been to anything paranormal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it's so much as believing in them that dictates whether or not you see them, just because you don't believe in them doesn't mean you won't ever see one. I don't believe in voting republican but I see that all the time *zing*.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen one, but I'm not ruling out their existence.

I don't think so. When I'm really stressed out I tend to have a lot of hypnagogic hallucinations (which if you've ever had them, are scary as HELL sometimes). Sometimes during those I would wake up and see ghost-like things standing in my doorway, at the foot of my bed, etc.

Does this remind you of anything.

post-10771-1238300490_thumb.jpg

Edited by cchalogamer

I don't think so. When I'm really stressed out I tend to have a lot of hypnagogic hallucinations (which if you've ever had them, are scary as HELL sometimes). Sometimes during those I would wake up and see ghost-like things standing in my doorway, at the foot of my bed, etc. Not pleasant when they first happen, but once I snap out of it and realize it's nothing, I go back to sleep. That's probably as close as I've ever been to anything paranormal.

That . happens to me all the time! Except I'll be sleeping, then you know that feeling you get when someone is standing next to you, I get that feeling then I wake up and for a brief second there is someone standing over me. I've actually swung at it a few times, but it disappears before my fist ever makes contact.

Edited by slick2500

That . happens to me all the time! Except I'll be sleeping, then you know that feeling you get when someone is standing next to you, I get that feeling then I wake up and for a brief second there is someone standing over me. I've actually swung at it a few times, but it disappears before my fist ever makes contact.

Same here. I'd start fighting "it," and by time I woke up, I'd be out of my bed and standing up in the middle of my room in a fighting stance. :ph34r:

I do believe there are ghosts, but I've never seen one. There are 2 houses in my neighborhood where the residents regularly experience paranormal events.

The next town up from me contains Dudleytown. I know a lot of people who have gone there and had the crap scared out of them, but I think I'll pass. :P

Never seen a ghost before, but I have had a hallucination before. I was on Percocet from breaking my leg, and I coulda sworn I was getting shot at... probably didn't help that I played FPSs all that day though.

I haven't been watching too many movies so don't ask. But I was wondering if any of you have really ever seen a ghost? Please make it serious :)

P.S your mother in law doesn't count ;)

saw an angel once....does that count...???

I tend to keep my fears in check so as to not assume random shadows or image artifacts are ghosts.

:withstupid: Ghosts are just manifestations of one's fear of the unknown and unexplained. If your mind is weak, or you're simply in a weak-minded state (like on drugs or half-asleep), you hear a sound or see a shadow or light and think something is there that isn't.

My friend tells me about how he used to hang out with his ex-gf's at her grandmother's house which everyone said was haunted. He tells me he has seen multiple odd instances at the house. Like when she would argue on the phone or get in a verbal fight, the lights would flicker like no other and immediately stop when she hung up. Pots getting knocked around, microwave and ovens opening and closing. He definitely wasn't trying to lie to me about all this.

I have no personal experience, but I believe everything he told me and I surely am not denying spirits exist out there somehow.

Same here. I'd start fighting "it," and by time I woke up, I'd be out of my bed and standing up in the middle of my room in a fighting stance. :ph34r:

No I would swing at it while I was awake not while I was sleeping.