Top FPS's of All-Time

ClayMeow

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously where is the BF1942 love! It was a huge game back in the day, very revolutionary as well. It is what got me into FPS hardcore. I was an RTS fanboi before that.

Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat

Quake 3

Goldeneye

Duke Nukem

Call of Duty

Call of Duty 4

Unreal Tourny

Team Fortress

Half Life

Wolfenstine: Enemy Territory

I love how everyone is choosing the new games that are all the rage right now. Sure they are great games but when I think of 'top FPS' of all time' I think of games that revolutionized the genre

Portal would be a close runner up for my last pick. Its a great revolutionary game however its not really an FPS in my book anyways. A FPS requires you to 'shoot' other players or AI. In portal your using the 'gun' to maneuver terrain.

Edited by greengiant912

Seriously where is the BF1942 love! It was a huge game back in the day, very revolutionary as well. It is what got me into FPS hardcore. I was an RTS fanboi before that.

Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat

Quake 3

Goldeneye

Duke Nukem

Call of Duty

Call of Duty 4

Unreal Tourny

Team Fortress

Half Life

Wolfenstine: Enemy Territory

I love how everyone is choosing the new games that are all the rage right now. Sure they are great games but when I think of 'top FPS' of all time' I think of games that revolutionized the genre

Portal would be a close runner up for my last pick. Its a great revolutionary game however its not really an FPS in my book anyways. A FPS requires you to 'shoot' other players or AI. In portal your using the 'gun' to maneuver terrain.

Hope you realize I'm only counting your first five, so I hope that's your true order.

As for choosing "modern" games, I chose games that brought something new to the table and/or will last the test of time. Not including Half-Life was a tough decision, but I felt HL2 really stepped up the game and appealed to more players, not to mention the physics and gravity gun started a revolution.