Good grades = car

Onion

Get a used 03 or 04 G35. I'm pretty sure you can find one for a descent price around the 10K area on cars.com.

If you wanna look for good deals cars.com is the place to go.

BTW L33t, do you even know how to drive a stick? Just wondering....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother got his license when he was 17.

If young drivers can't drive, then why would other people be causing horrible situations and leaving it up to my brother to avoid the accident (and doing so each time)?

Get a used 03 or 04 G35. I'm pretty sure you can find one for a descent price around the 10K area on cars.com.

If you wanna look for good deals cars.com is the place to go.

BTW L33t, do you even know how to drive a stick? Just wondering....

Nope, all I've driven are autos since manuals are rather hard to find in miami. Before buying a stick I'll just drop by a cheap rental place and rent a stick for a day and see how it feels.

Eh, manuals are totally not worth it. They're fun for about five minutes and after that you realize how much of a pain they are. The only benefit to getting a manual is that you never have to worry about other people driving it as they won't know how.

If this is going to be a car you'll be keeping for a while, then I would highly suggest you get an automatic; you'll thank yourself when you're driving home late at night and tired as hell and the last thing on your mind is shifting gears.

My first car isn't too shabby and by next year I should have something decent I want.. preferable a used GTI which I should be able to get for around 10-12k if I'm lucky.
GTI's are whicked, just make sure you get either the Mark 1 (you won't), Mark 2 (neither will you get that), Mark 3 (hard to find, but a sweet ride!) or the Mark 5. The Mark 4 is a joke, simply a stock 1.8 Liter engine (150HP) where the GTI badge only meant different interior and different looks, but no extra grunt. The Mark 5 GTI is a whicked car, if you get one, try to get one with the DSG, the Direkt Shifting Gearbox (crappy translation by myself). It's got whicked fast gear changes! But then again, I would always go for a manual meself :D
Nope, all I've driven are autos since manuals are rather hard to find in miami. Before buying a stick I'll just drop by a cheap rental place and rent a stick for a day and see how it feels.
If you have never driven a manual, seriously, what are you doing on the road? Anyone can jump into an Auto and simply put the foot down and press the breaking pedal, too easy!

Eh, manuals are totally not worth it. They're fun for about five minutes and after that you realize how much of a pain they are. The only benefit to getting a manual is that you never have to worry about other people driving it as they won't know how.

If this is going to be a car you'll be keeping for a while, then I would highly suggest you get an automatic; you'll thank yourself when you're driving home late at night and tired as hell and the last thing on your mind is shifting gears.

:withstupid: Pretty much summed up the reason I didn't even bother looking at manuals when I was shopping for a car, esp. with a 5hr drive to and from college. Also, when it's nice out, I like keeping my left arm resting on the door/window and don't want to have to move it until I reach my destination (yes, I've gotten very good at signaling with my right hand).

GTI's are whicked, just make sure you get either the Mark 1 (you won't), Mark 2 (neither will you get that), Mark 3 (hard to find, but a sweet ride!) or the Mark 5. The Mark 4 is a joke, simply a stock 1.8 Liter engine (150HP) where the GTI badge only meant different interior and different looks, but no extra grunt. The Mark 5 GTI is a whicked car, if you get one, try to get one with the DSG, the Direkt Shifting Gearbox (crappy translation by myself). It's got whicked fast gear changes! But then again, I would always go for a manual meself :DIf you have never driven a manual, seriously, what are you doing on the road? Anyone can jump into an Auto and simply put the foot down and press the breaking pedal, too easy!

Well yes, it IS easy, but nobody where I live drives a manual except a few ricers. Even most car places don't even SELL manuals since people are too damn stupid.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Meh if you're too tired to shift a manual you shouldn't be behind the wheel anyways. Plus manuals get better gas mileage.

And better control when you want to go fast, and you can lock them to a specific gear for better traction if its an older car.

If you don't want the pain of a manual but still want to shift gears then get a car that has an automatic transmission with paddle shifters or some kind of manumatic mode so that you can still upshift and downshift when your in the mood for a sportier ride.

I wish my first car was manual, '04 Ford Mustang, I'd be better at it, and I'd have a little more fun driving around :D.

My roommate has an '08 Honda Civic SI, and as much as I am against foreign cars, it's a sweet ride. then again, my mustang ain't boring.