Good grades = car

Onion

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't plan on totaling it either.

Most people don't plan on crashing. Theres the few that do for insurance reasons or maybe to prevent a divorcing significant other from getting it but those aren't the norm ;)

Man I tell you...if you drive anything like you build PCs or post in the forums I'd be very afraid for the people who live near you... :blink:

Good luck with the grades though...

:withstupid:

Let me know if you start heading West, and please call if you cross the border into Texas...

:withstupid:

Let me know if you start heading West, and please call if you cross the border into Texas...

You're safe on that one. I hate the center of the US, it's so damn hot.

Probably true, but it's definitely good for some comedic value. It's sure funny to see a teenager laugh at another teenager for something he didn't say, then lecture that teenager about driving skills, and then admit to flipping a van. :lol:

It's what I'm here for :D.

Let me tell you something man, and it's the straight out truth:

You could be driving for 100 years and it still won't matter cause your still going to end up damaging the car of some sort. You may be a good driver but your forgetting there is other morons out on the road you know? They could end up damaging your car. Just cause you get into an accident doesn't mean you were the reason, it's also other people too around you. I don't know about the Florida area but here in the NY area where traffic is always heavy you always have a chance of getting in an accident from the moment you pull out of your driveway. Lets say your a great driver and won't total your ride. You decide to go out one day and your on the expressway, and you get this annoying azz behind you that keeps on tailgating you and the traffic is slowed down. Then all of a sudden this guy in front of you slams on his brakes and you slam on yours and the azz in the back that was too close to you goes straight forward into the back of your car. Was it your fault? No. Does it mean you were a bad driver? No. These are just things that happen everyday and you can't avoid damaging a car nor totaling it. Being a good driver helps but it doesn't insure that something bad can't happen.

Hell you can even be hit while sitting in a damn parking space. These things just happen.....

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

Yep, and it almost happened to me the other day. I was on US1 just cruising along at 45 (speed limit) and some idiot cuts me off from the southbound lane to get into a side road. If I was in my mom's junk minivan with junk brakes I doubt I would be here typing this.

I don't see why people say beginner drivers need beaters. The beater has a higher chance of breaking on you when you most need it, but the more powerful car still has hp and braking power for when it's most needed.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Could you name a few times when "more HP and braking power" solves a problem that BEING AWARE of your surroundings doesn't? There's a reason why insurance jumps radically with more powerful vehicles, too.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

I never said more HP and braking power solves every problem without being aware of your surroundings. Even if you knew that guy was waiting to turn, you can't guess that he's gonna be an idiot and floor it to try to get through right in front of you. More HP and braking power contributes to helping solve the problem when being aware doesn't do the trick by its self.

More HP and braking power contributes to helping solve the problem when being aware doesn't do the trick by its self.

Or if used improperly could add to the problem lol. It all comes down to your driving skill and the driving skill of the other guy...or lack there of...