New method of overclocking

My friend and I were bored, so we decided to cool a computer we built with a standard house fan...

I don't have the computer's specs, we just made it from some spare parts.

The computer itself.

n1419856788_30122586_894.jpg

The computer running on windows XP!!!

n1419856788_30122588_1808.jpg

I'd have mounted it the other way though so the fans blow onto the components though...

ya i always wanted to plop the fan I have like that on the side of my case and just put it full throttle

Need to get another box fan and put both together to create a high tech push/pull setup.set the motherboard perpendicular to the fans.Overclock and put in a room with no heat.Who needs that expensive

Amish heater anyway.

Need to get another box fan and put both together to create a high tech push/pull setup.set the motherboard perpendicular to the fans.Overclock and put in a room with no heat.Who needs that expensive

Amish heater anyway.

:thumbs-up: :withstupid:

I once put a room fan up next to my computer once when I was overclocking my quad and i still had a stock cooler. Surprisingly ineffective for cooling processors...

actually as ghetto as it sounds i am doing that exact thing right now and its pretty effective for me. its just a desk fan but its doing wonders until i get my new case... check my profile for a pic of it... its ghetto

I bet ben333's been doing it for ages lol.

Quiet you...

Box fans go on the side of the case, blowing out ;) Or spaced a few inches from the case blowing in. I like this one though, looks cool and probably does help cooling a bit by moving the air around the parts. I would worry though about the fan's electric motor having magnetic waves or something but I might be wrong.

Edited by ben333