2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I get paid $6.77 an hour, tips and $1.10 per delivery. It might differ though as Pizza Hut is franchised and your local phut's parent company might deal with it differently.

Needless to say I usually walk out each night with $80+ in cash.

damn.....I get $6.15 an hour, tips, and $0.70 per delivery (my boss is a cheap prick and used to give us $0.90 a delivery but since gas went down he dropped it down 20 cents.) The worst part is that he charged the customer $1.50 in delivery charges before (meaning he was making $0.60 for no reason at all) but even though he lowered our mileage compensation, he still charges the customer <_< $1.50, and makes $0.80 when we only make $0.70. What does his lazy arse do differently than any carry out order. I'm definitely going to apply at a little caesars or Pizza Hut. Now I know what i've been missing for 2+ years under this cheapskate. I probably average, leave with about $50 or $60 a night, but it's the principle of the whole situation, and he tries to get alot of work out of that $6.15. I take advantage of him though, when it's slow me and my friend watch movies on my laptop and make whatever food we want for free, have drinks for free etc. (when my boss isn't there)

Don't wear your soles out...

Atleast he hasn't left Chevy while his Cobalt's in the shop since his current ride is his Chevrolegs

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Don't wear your soles out...

Bumming rides from my roommate and using the CAT (Clemson Area Transit) bus quite extensively. :P

I'm going to call AAA tomorrow and see if I'm able to get a rental for cheap. :D

damn.....I get $6.15 an hour, tips, and $0.70 per delivery (my boss is a cheap prick and used to give us $0.90 a delivery but since gas went down he dropped it down 20 cents.) The worst part is that he charged the customer $1.50 in delivery charges before (meaning he was making $0.60 for no reason at all) but even though he lowered our mileage compensation, he still charges the customer <_< $1.50, and makes $0.80 when we only make $0.70. What does his lazy arse do differently than any carry out order. I'm definitely going to apply at a little caesars or Pizza Hut. Now I know what i've been missing for 2+ years under this cheapskate. I probably average, leave with about $50 or $60 a night, but it's the principle of the whole situation, and he tries to get alot of work out of that $6.15. I take advantage of him though, when it's slow me and my friend watch movies on my laptop and make whatever food we want for free, have drinks for free etc. (when my boss isn't there)

Atleast he hasn't left Chevy while his Cobalt's in the shop since his current ride is his Chevrolegs

That extra money goes to the cost of the Company's insurance, they have to have some insurance due to the fact that your working on their clock they can be held liable even though you have your own insurance. We have the same thing, we charge $2.00 delivery charge. Little Caesars is bankrupt, they don't do delivery anymore. The only have a handful of stores left in the country, I would advise against that lol...

Edited by greengiant912

That extra money goes to the cost of the Company's insurance, they have to have some insurance due to the fact that your working on their clock they can be held liable even though you have your own insurance. We have the same thing, we charge $2.00 delivery charge. Little Caesars is bankrupt, they don't do delivery anymore. The only have a handful of stores left in the country, I would advise against that lol...

oh...well atleast my job as at Little Caesars would be pretty easy :D. And still though, insurance or not. He's making more money than I am. Wouldn't you be a little ticked if the store made $1.10 ever time you make $0.90.

oh...well atleast my job as at Little Caesars would be pretty easy :D. And still though, insurance or not. He's making more money than I am. Wouldn't you be a little ticked if the store made $1.10 ever time you make $0.90.

No, because someone else owns the store. He is charging the customer for a service that he provides. He provides the service through you or an employee like you. It is in his interest to make the most money possible out of you (charge the customer as much as he can while paying you as little as you will work for,) just as it is in your interest to make as much money as possible by making the most money possible. If that means all of his employees start to leave because he isn't paying them enough, he will go to a lower class employee. If the customers are still happy with the service, he will keep these lower class employees. If not he will be forced to pay higher wages to get better employees. It all works itself out. But you are doing the right thing by looking for the best deal for you. It's when you settle for the status quo that the system stops working.

BTW since this is a car thread the mustang motor rebuild I started back in Feb. is almost complete, just waiting for the engine to be finished at the machine shop where it is getting all forged internals, bored out etc. This has been a long hard project but the end is in sight in maybe another month or two. Pics and vids will be forthcoming someday.