2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

add me to the ranks of people who are not fans of timing belts. I know chains can eventually slip but they don't tend to have the catastrophic failure like belts do. The best idea, Anyone seen a big block chevy built up with timing gears? Not only is it a strong way of running but it sounds awesome, more mechanical whine!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha my AWESOME RIDE! lol

1991 dodge dakota 114,000miles... was at my dads business as a garbage truck just to carry junk to the giant burn container. With employees driving it they beat the **** out of it. then when it quit running it sat in the parking lot for 3 months. worked on it there and redid the timing and it fired up, drove it home and have been working on it every week since. Started overheating so i replaced the thermostat, and it would turn off after 15minutes of driving cause the sensor in the distributor was bad, went to the junkyard and got a nice one now it runs great. Just came back from the junkyard and got me 2 doors, tailgate, grill. Now i just need tires and a muffler cause the other one peeled off and i had to cut it off with a sawzall lol. hey its a piece of crap but it isn't two slow i just wish it wasn't stinking 2wd that doesnt work on a farm in pennsylvania. i got the truck for free so heck if i get it legal with 500 bucks into it that will be awesome.

c299bcbc.jpg

working on it at the dairy

6f55aa76.jpg

3470e351.jpg

bald tires plus rain doesn't work lol

a6392dc2.jpg

nice doors i found at the junkyard

3ddc951d.jpg

new tailgate on

bd773b78.jpg

oh yeah and i got new taillights which i need to splice and install man i gotta love the junkyard. 125 bucks for all the parts and man the truck i pulled of off looks great

Looks awsome... have u taken it to the autobahn yet?

Of course mate, does about 210km/h according to the Speedometer, which is a realisic 201 or 202 maybe...

After only 320km of driving, I now have a massive nail/screw sticking out the right back tyre... which is not cool at all!

Of course mate, does about 210km/h according to the Speedometer, which is a realisic 201 or 202 maybe...

After only 320km of driving, I now have a massive nail/screw sticking out the right back tyre... which is not cool at all!

isnt there a warranty for the tires?

There is for technical errors, but not if you drive into a screw... or at least I doubt it...

I swore for the longest time that someone was pounding nails into my tires, because everyother month I would have one in it. I just got a nail in my new car as well, the dealer patched it up for me, It is likely repairable if it is on the treads.

There is for technical errors, but not if you drive into a screw... or at least I doubt it...

i hear that `good year ` tires are good , when a screw goes in it you can still drive your car and reach about 60km/h