d3bruts1d

2009: Post Your Ride Thread

lol if you put a paxton on that dodge you'll either blow the engine or trans lmao. just be nice with it and maybe it'll last a while *fingers crossed*

Na, it's a tough truck, just like it's single cab predecessor was. I have owned Fords, Chevy's and a couple of Toyota Tacoma's in my lifetime so far. All the Fords were solid over all, just seemed the rear ends never held up. The three Chevy trucks I owned stayed with Mr. Goodwrench most of the time so I tried a couple Toyotas out. The first one was stolen and the second one was what I traded in for my first Dodge Ram. I hated getting rid of it but getting more than 3 people in it was "legally" impossible here in Texas. I got this one in late 06 and have had no problems with it other than the XM Satellite radio they installed. The Paxton, will probably never happen, but I can dream! :lol:

Edited by Hedghawg71

yeah you can im just talking from my perspective because i work on them all the time. alot of overheating/coolant leaking and a/c issues....... like i said, just take care of it

Nice car, Nate.

I suppose I'll take some photos of my 325es after I wash and wax tomorrow. You're not the only one with red leather! :P

Very good! Let's see some pics. I just washed, clay bar / detailed and waxed with some Meguiars (Gold class). Awesome stuff. So smooth and shiney. :)

Gold Class ftw! I washed and waxed last weekend, and only washed this morning. Periodically throughout the week, however, I go over the interior with Armor All and windows with Stoner invisible glass.

So here she is:

1987 BMW 325es

Straight 6

121HP

170ft/lb

5-speed

nV's 1987 BMW 325es

Very good! Let's see some pics. I just washed, clay bar / detailed and waxed with some Meguiars (Gold class). Awesome stuff. So smooth and shiney. :)
Edited by nVidia_Freak

Nice! Amazing how much lighter your car is than mine, haha (I have probably 1500lbs of additional steel). I bet that 5 speed is a lot of fun. :)

what motor is that?? I looked at the 1988 I6 and it has 168hp, did you get jipped or was that a typo?? (no offense I'm just wondering)

It's the M20B27. It was meant for the economy 325s and 528.

what motor is that?? I looked at the 1988 I6 and it has 168hp, did you get jipped or was that a typo?? (no offense I'm just wondering)

It's the M20B27. It was meant for the economy 325s and 528.

I see, what kinda mileage do you get with it and I wonder why they stopped making that.

I don't know about the taller rear, but the engine is mounted normally. You can see in the last picture on page 3 of the engine, the fan is at the front. The 325es is RWD.

Edit-

The majority of my driving is done on city streets and I usually don't go over second, however, sometimes I'll go to third.

In second I get about 22 once I start cruising, and I can get about 28 in third in the same instance.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

Sorry, weird terminology (taller rear end is shop talk for a higher final drive ratio) :lol:

Hmm, yeah, that's what I would expect...I guess I got kinda thrown off by your exhaust manifold.

I don't think I have any engine pictures, but I do have a youtube video of it idling. Another inline 6 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcofDu6ooe8

I think I need to degrease my engine sometime in the near future :P

hahaha, what do you guys get paid over there?? I'd gladly work for a Pizza Hut, I hate my boss. The tips alone are keeping me working where I'm at but I'd switch to another delivery job in a heartbeat

Well I get paid $6.77 an hour, tips and $1.10 per delivery. It might differ though as Pizza Hut is franchised and your local phut's parent company might deal with it differently.

Needless to say I usually walk out each night with $80+ in cash.