Light Painting

jammin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one that says "jammin occ" is mighty impressive considering you only had 15 secs to work with.

I'm going to have to give this a try. I don't have an LED flashlight, but I have a laser pointer...wonder if it'll work with that.

I tried but my exposure only goes as high as about half a second :( Unless there is a way to change it further.

What camera do you have?

I guessing it must go higher than half a second, because otherwise you would be screwed for low light shots.

That is pretty neat, but someone has entirely to much time on there hands... :lol:

lol, I agree! Even though Jammin posted on how to do it but I don't think I have the free time to even attempt it. :lol:

What camera do you have?

I guessing it must go higher than half a second, because otherwise you would be screwed for low light shots.

I have a Pentax Optio M40. It has settings for EV balance (think that's it's name) from -2.00 to +2.00. I cannot find any other info on exposures for this camera.

If your camera doesn't give you direct control over the exposure times and aperture settings then it will be difficult.

All I can suggest is setting the ISO to the lowest possible value and EV up the highest value (+2). Do it in a darkened room see what kind of shutter speed you get.

Does it even display the shutter speed before taking a picture?

All I can suggest is setting the ISO to the lowest possible value and EV up the highest value (+2). Do it in a darkened room see what kind of shutter speed you get.

Yeah, when I did mine, I set it to ISO 50, 64 seconds shutter, and F8.0 aperture (the smallest possible on my camera at full-wide)

One thing I thought of... you know the Canon software suite? There's a Remote Capture applet that lets you control the camera via a USB cable... I often used it to take multiple shots in a row (like maybe 50 in a row, and 8 seconds apart), so maybe you can set the shutter speed longer than 15 seconds with the same applet? Not sure, it's been a while since I've used my A75

Really like the spirally one, and the Pacman one is ace :D