Best Air Cooler Ever

Onion

I recently purchased the V8 and I love it, the stock fan is quiet and moves alot of air. I suppose you could put a standard size 120mm fan in it, but you wouldn't get that same red LED glow :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased the V8 and I love it, the stock fan is quiet and moves alot of air. I suppose you could put a standard size 120mm fan in it, but you wouldn't get that same red LED glow :P

I may try it for my next computer, and which ever cooler I like better I will sell the other one with this platform.

When it comes to air cooling, I'm way out of the loop. The only air I have ever used is stock. TRUE 120 is still the best thing out there right? What's the best for about 30 dollars?

It's hard to say. I just cant seem to find myself at times and say there is a "best" hardware component out there. :rolleyes:

For $30 though, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler is pretty good. It's cheap and affordable for a budget build an/or a build meant for overclocking.

If you want to beef it up a bit the Titan Cool Idol CPU cooler is another good competitor, beating out the TRUE by 1-2 degrees (overclocked).

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/titan_coolidol/

It's hard to say. I just cant seem to find myself at times and say there is a "best" hardware component out there. :rolleyes:

For $30 though, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler is pretty good. It's cheap and affordable for a budget build an/or a build meant for overclocking.

If you want to beef it up a bit the Titan Cool Idol CPU cooler is another good competitor, beating out the TRUE by 1-2 degrees (overclocked).

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/titan_coolidol/

for simplicity I think the V8 is my favorite. With such a small variation of performance from it and the TRUE, if i could do it again I'd get the V8

The ASUS Silent Knight looks promising, and you can't go wrong with the Sunbeam Core contact Freezer, some reviews I've seen it beat the the ULTRA 120.

I wish they had put a more powerful fan on the SpinQ, that design may have been really effective.

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CALLING IT A "TRUE"? THE "TRUE" IS THE COPPER VERSION OF THE ULTRA 120 WHICH COSTS $100+. IT'S NOT A FREAKING "TRUE".

If you are going to make a fuss about noise, try the Scythe Orochi, I want to get one of those really badly.

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CALLING IT A "TRUE"? THE "TRUE" IS THE COPPER VERSION OF THE ULTRA 120 WHICH COSTS $100+. IT'S NOT A FREAKING "TRUE".

TRUE stands for ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme

There are 3 versions of the TRUE:

TRUE (Aluminum)

TRUE Black

TRUE Copper

The ASUS Silent Knight looks promising, and you can't go wrong with the Sunbeam Core contact Freezer, some reviews I've seen it beat the the ULTRA 120.

I wish they had put a more powerful fan on the SpinQ, that design may have been really effective.

If you are going to make a fuss about noise, try the Scythe Orochi, I want to get one of those really badly.

:lol: Choose your words lightly...

TRUE = T.R.U.E. = Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

The Ultra 120 is a separate heatsink. The T.R.U.E. also comes in a plated black edition and a copper edition.

OMG the manufacturer referred to it as a TRUE

TRUE stands for thermalrite ultra extreme...

:lol: Choose your words lightly...

TRUE = T.R.U.E. = Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

The Ultra 120 is a separate heatsink. The T.R.U.E. also comes in a plated black edition and a copper edition.

OMG the manufacturer referred to it as a TRUE

OMG They didn't lawls

I just felt like I had to post that in my defense.

Does anyone here actually own an Orochi?