This Is My First Post (specs. Question)

heatsink007

hi everybody ..

i heard about overclockersclub.com from many sites and forum at last I'm a member here ,and I'm so proud of my membership.

but i think i need to match some minimum requirements here, so please take a look at my PC Specs. and tell me what you think.

----------------------------

windows xp sp2 ,32 Bit ,up-to date

MB gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 V1.0

Intel core2 quad Q6600 2.4 ,@3.4 GHz overclocked

Air Cooler thermaltake BigTyp 120VX

RAM 4 GB (4 X King max KLDD48F-B8KB5 1GB DDR2 PC2-6400U) ,@956 MHz overclocked

ATI Radeon HD3870 GDDR4 (512 MB, 860 2X1.29GHz PCIe 2.00 X16) overclocked

creative sound blaster audigy2 (5.1 channels)

2 X WD 160 GB SATAII hard drive At Raid0

LCD Philips 19" ,1280x1024 ,32 Bit ,refresh rate 75 hertz

----------------------------

i know my PC's Specs. is not the specs. that every one dream about.

sorry for my English

Edited by heatsink007

welcome to the club.... hey can 4gb ram support 32bit OS?

No, it only goes up to 3GB support on XP. I think it's 8GB on Vista 32.

I had that problem when I first bought my ram, because my OS didn't recognize the extra GB.

welcome to the club.... hey can 4gb ram support 32bit OS?

Your question is backwards and I think you've asked it before. Anyway it depends I have seen a few rigs running 32bit that actually register almost all 4 gigs and I've seen others that only register 2.5. Generally the answer to that question is no it will only see about 3 but it depends on your system specs and how it's all balanced out. If you want to use 4gb of ram or more it'd be a good idea to run a 64bit OS.

BTW Kuronin it's the same on Vista

Anyway it depends I have seen a few rigs running 32bit that actually register all 4 gigs and I've seen others that only register 2.5. Generally the answer to that question is no it will only see about 3 but it depends on your system specs and how it's all balanced out. If you want to use 4gb of ram or more it'd be a good idea to run a 64bit OS.

what do u mean by DEPENDS???

what do u mean by DEPENDS???

It depends on other RAM in the system, such as the graphics card. I believe that if a graphics card has 1GB of some type of GDDR and you have 4GB of RAM in the system, a 32-bit operating system will only recognize 3GB of that total. Same thing would go for a 512MB graphics card, as the 32-bit operating system would only recognize approximately 3.5GB of total system memory. Again, I don't know this for sure, but it's what I think.

By the way, seems like you're hijacking this thread a bit. I do think you have asked about this somewhere before as well.

Edited by Ediseye