Occ Christmas Contest

Bosco

aww, really? why?

if i got that rig.. i would probably be on it for about 20 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Dang.. im gonna have to post heaps. other than just reading the forums =(

well guz, I already have a 4870 X2, and I need the money. from everything else.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hardly ever view other PC forums so I don't know but does Apple even associate whatsoever with our type?

I mean have they ever given stuff away in competitions such as these with a forum/website more based towards Windows/Linux use?

Have they ever given stuff away? Sure... with a site geared more towards non-Macs, not that I am aware of. Usually when the Apple products are given away, it's from 3rd party developers (i.e. VMWare, Panic Software, etc.) or from site owners buying the products and giving them away (iPods, iTunes gift cards, etc.).

What are you guys hoping for anyway?

My fingers are crossed for the Whisper.

The grand prize, duh... being that none of the other components would work in my system, I'd have to build a new system (or more likely, sell the prize).

Usually when the Apple products are given away, it's from 3rd party developers (i.e. VMWare, Panic Software, etc.) or from site owners buying the products and giving them away (iPods, iTunes gift cards, etc.).
Thats what I figured, it would have been pretty neat however to get some Apple products whether it be peripherals or even some Itunes giftcards... (or whatever)

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm an arse, but in all honesty I'd rather never have another competition than have the forums flooded with people talking crap, especially as some new people actually come here for help, and then when they're told a load of complete rubbish, or get stupid, uninformed replies, they leave with the wrong impression of OCC. If you don't know what you're talking about it's better not to reply than say "U shoud get brand X coz thts wat I hav and its badasss"

Grrr....

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm an arse, but in all honesty I'd rather never have another competition than have the forums flooded with people talking crap, especially as some new people actually come here for help, and then when they're told a load of complete rubbish, or get stupid, uninformed replies, they leave with the wrong impression of OCC. If you don't know what you're talking about it's better not to reply than say "U shoud get brand X coz thts wat I hav and its badasss"

Grrr....

Sadly, I somewhat agree :(.

However, there are two points to every contest...one is to reward existing members and one is to draw new members.

Only "long-standing" members (let's say 2 months?) should have been eligible for the Grand Prize, rather than having it determined by post count. For the lesser prizes, anyone would still be eligible, that way you still get all the new members, but hopefully without all the spam. And you also make the long-standing members happier because they'll have a better chance at the grand prize. Unfortunately, the powers that be probably don't want to go changing the rules now, but hopefully consider that for future contests.