Should I Pay To Fix It?

Archerzz

I was fixing a friends laptop from my church and in the course of fixing it I am not sure how the lcd screen breaks. Should I have to pay for the replacement (its not under warrenty) considering that I was saving him from paying geek squad or some other high priced computer repair store in the first place.

I offered to replace the screen and to diagnose the original problem but I told him I am not paying for a new screen.

what do you guys think?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know for a fact that you didn't break the lcd. how many laptops have you taken apart before this one? and how are you saving your friend money if he as to buy a new lcd now. what was wrong with the laptop to begin with?

Edited by capthowdy575

You should be the one paying for a new LCD and paying to get it fixed. That's why I'm very selective about whose computer I work on outside of work, because stuff like this happens. If I were the one "saving my friend money" I'd be the one replacing the screen (considering LCDs don't just spontaneously break last I checked) and I would be careful about whose computers I work on from now on. :thumbs-up:

You should be the one paying for a new LCD and paying to get it fixed. That's why I'm very selective about whose computer I work on outside of work, because stuff like this happens. If I were the one "saving my friend money" I'd be the one replacing the screen (considering LCDs don't just spontaneously break last I checked) and I would be careful about whose computers I work on from now on. :thumbs-up:

+1

I was fixing a friends laptop from my church and in the course of fixing it I am not sure how the lcd screen breaks. Should I have to pay for the replacement (its not under warrenty) considering that I was saving him from paying geek squad or some other high priced computer repair store in the first place.

I offered to replace the screen and to diagnose the original problem but I told him I am not paying for a new screen.

what do you guys think?

in my world these days i get to choose between "being right" and "being happy". Sometimes being happy for me means accepting that occasionally i have to take responsibility for something even though i don't want to .....even though i don't believe a thing is my fault...if ya wanna be happy take the high road...if ya wanna be right make a different choice.....doing the right thing is hard..!!.......hang in there baby

I think the fact that you feel the words "from my church" are not redundant here shows that you know you will go to hell if you don't resolve the situation that you caused

Clearly fixing the screen would be preferable to going to hell, that would really suck.

well...

if you were taking it apart and it broke that means you broke it and you should fix it...if you didnt know what you were doing or how to clearly take it apart why were you doing so...?

even if you accidentally broke it you still broke it...and should pay for it...

can you tell us how it broke...?

in the course of fixing it I am not sure how the lcd screen breaks

What do I think? I think you should pay for a new screen (a new laptop would probably be cheaper) and stop working on computers.