The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

I almost went for the Crosshair III Formula instead... but it's lack of PCI-E x16 and only 5 SATA ports, and only 1 LAN port made me go with the GD70. I would've liked the more powerful 8+2 phase PWM but the 4+1 on the GD70 will be perfectly fine for water me thinks.

Cj, you'll have loads of fun with Gigabyte boards, they're bulletproof! Easy to overclock and usually the price is right as well :)

thanx mr andy

the board is here but i also bought the cpu, lynnfield i7 860 @2.8 and the egg also sent a slightly better air sink/fan for free. it should be here today sometime but i return to work today...well heres the board anyway, i looked at it breifly and then put it away until i can work with it. i'm looking forward to using gigabyte and anticipate a good build. i'm still working on gettin a water cooling setup going for this too but the air will work for awhile

cya andy

cj

:D

ASUS Lion Square CPU Cooler came today... already liking it more than the CF800 i had!

I got it for $34, and am waiting for my $20 rebate :D I <3 slickdeals

*edit - here's some pics!

DSC03699.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

Edited by pezcore

ASUS Lion Square CPU Cooler came today... already liking it more than the CF800 i had!

I got it for $34, and am waiting for my $20 rebate :D I <3 slickdeals

*edit - here's some pics!

DSC03699.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

The best looking part of that PC is the 8GB of Mushkin RAM but I am a little biased.

Last thing I bought was a sub from a local deli, chipotle chicken and cheese. Mighty tasty.

Though I nearly bought myself a netbook today... I got my student loans in so it was pretty tempting. But I restrained myself... for now.