The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Battery and starter for the Blazer.

$85 Battery

$90 Starter

Free towing

Now all I need is three sticks of dynamite strategically located to fix any more problems with this truck.

My preferred method of fixed bad cars is Duct Tape... but i can see how Dynamite might be useful... Lol

ASUS P6X58D-E and an I7 920 for the wife's upgrade. :)

Same MoBo i have but with a 930. Seriously best MoBo ive ever owned. Im able to get just as good overclocks as anyone else with it too!

little big planet 2

M$ xbox 360 controller for pc

box of 100 slim dvd cases

engagement present

birthday cards

my bank account is hurting :(

I was confused about the bank account hurting until i read the engagement present... haha OUCH! But hey, CONGRATZ on the engagement!!

I bought $70 of beer and vodka last night... its gone now... Turns out i paid $70 for a headache because i didnt get laid! Hahaha, JK, most of that money was a bottle of Grey Goose for a birthday present!

Oioaswdfujlkfdj;alsjfdoepu

Chim chimeny chim chim CHIM cheroo HIY!

I bought some .45 ammo a few days ago, to finally take the 1911 out after quite awhile of not shooting it.

The ammo is expensive enough where it really isn't economical to shoot it that often...

I bought some .45 ammo a few days ago, to finally take the 1911 out after quite awhile of not shooting it.

The ammo is expensive enough where it really isn't economical to shoot it that often...

And that's why there's rimfire. :D

Indeed. Bulk .22 ammo is astonishingly cheap.

Well comparatively yes, but it has actually gone up quite a bit recently.

It is about $18 for a box of 500 up here, a few years back it was about $10 for a box.

:dunno:

Well comparatively yes, but it has actually gone up quite a bit recently.

It is about $18 for a box of 500 up here, a few years back it was about $10 for a box.

:dunno:

Yes, but still... 4 cents a round, casing, primer, powder and bullet...pretty amazing.

And that's why there's rimfire. :D

Yeah, no kidding, Phil. .40 S&W (my preferred caliber, which two of my three pistols are chambered for) is only a couple of dollars cheaper per box than .45 ACP where I'm at, so I do feel your pain, Andrew. Since I picked up my Kel Tec P-3AT I also shoot .380 ACP (although not to the extent I shoot .40 S&W at the range, as it's primary purpose is as my daily carry), which I find is only about $2.00-4.00 cheaper per box than .40 S&W and .45 ACP. And this is just cheap Wally world Winchester White Box and Remington UMC. My preferred defensive cartridges (Hornady Critical Defense or Winchester PDX1) run me a cool $1 per round. When I was breaking in the Kel Tec I ran a mag of the .380 ACP PDX1's through it to verify that it would feed before certifying it ready to carry and I swear I could hear the ubiquitous "cha-ching!" sound every time I sent a round down range. At $1 per round that was a $6 magazine! Counting my shots in my head went something like this: "One dollar...two dollars...three dollars..." A typical range trip usually costs me between $60 and $100 in ammo.

Needless to say, I can just about guarantee that I will find myself reloading my own ammo sometime in the future when funds allow me to absorb the initial equipment costs. An expensive hobby, to be sure. When I stare into the ammo case at Wally world or wherever and see a box of 500 .22LR rounds sitting above a price tag proclaiming it to cost no more than a single Andrew Jackson and then avert my gaze to the side of the display where my rounds live in their flamboyant expensiveness, well, I cry a little bit... but only on the inside, where no one can see. Then I promptly inform the attendant of my caliber needs, pull out the debit card, turn 180 degrees, bend over and await the inevitable fu-... er, you get the idea. facepalm.gif

Yeah, no kidding, Phil. .40 S&W (my preferred caliber, which two of my three pistols are chambered for) is only a couple of dollars cheaper per box than .45 ACP where I'm at, so I do feel your pain, Andrew. Since I picked up my Kel Tec P-3AT I also shoot .380 ACP (although not to the extent I shoot .40 S&W at the range, as it's primary purpose is as my daily carry), which I find is only about $2.00-4.00 cheaper per box than .40 S&W and .45 ACP. And this is just cheap Wally world Winchester White Box and Remington UMC. My preferred defensive cartridges (Hornady Critical Defense or Winchester PDX1) run me a cool $1 per round. When I was breaking in the Kel Tec I ran a mag of the .380 ACP PDX1's through it to verify that it would feed before certifying it ready to carry and I swear I could hear the ubiquitous "cha-ching!" sound every time I sent a round down range. At $1 per round that was a $6 magazine! Counting my shots in my head went something like this: "One dollar...two dollars...three dollars..." A typical range trip usually costs me between $60 and $100 in ammo.

Needless to say, I can just about guarantee that I will find myself reloading my own ammo sometime in the future when funds allow me to absorb the initial equipment costs. An expensive hobby, to be sure. When I stare into the ammo case at Wally world or wherever and see a box of 500 .22LR rounds sitting above a price tag proclaiming it to cost no more than a single Andrew Jackson and then avert my gaze to the side of the display where my rounds live in their flamboyant expensiveness, well, I cry a little bit... but only on the inside, where no one can see. Then I promptly inform the attendant of my caliber needs, pull out the debit card, turn 180 degrees, bend over and await the inevitable fu-... er, you get the idea. facepalm.gif

Just carry a .22 pistol and shoot the assailant 5 or 6 or 10 times to equal that stopping power of that .40.

:lol: