Gtx 260+

bg8780

Just curious. When does this card come out? I've tried googling it to no avail. I'm about to order a GTX 260 but if the + version is coming out then ill just wait. Also, what are the differences going to be? I'm assuming just a smaller die like they did with the 9800 GTX+ anything more than just going down to 55nm etc?

this is news to me, i didn't know another + was planned though i thought the GTX is already 55nm.

GTX200's are 65nm, which will be shifted to 55nm eventually. I wouldn't expect anything else than higher stock clocks from this process shrink. Currently, their only 55nm GPU is the 9800GTX+.

I don't think there's an official release date yet, early 2009 maybe?

Edited by Zertz

By succeed i assume you mean better? in that case should i just wait for the new ones to come out?

The GT212 (280 replacement) won't surface until 2009, whereas the GT206 will arise sometime during the fourth quarter of this year.

Ultimately, it's up to you and when you need the card. The 260+ adds more shaders, which should boost performance compared to the 4850/4870.

Apparantly, mid this month the GTX 260 is being refreshed - won't hit the shelves for a while I'd expect. From what I read (after I ordered my GTX 260) it has extra process cores - up from 192 to 216. They expect about a 5% performance increase due to the core count going up and I suppose this was done to be more competitive with AMD/ATI 4800 series.

Edited by Blaise

The GT212 (280 replacement) won't surface until 2009, whereas the GT206 will arise sometime during the fourth quarter of this year.

Ultimately, it's up to you and when you need the card. The 260+ adds more shaders, which should boost performance compared to the 4850/4870.

as exciting as that sounds I wanna know who is in charge of the naming division at Nvidia they seriously need to be removed from their seat, atleast the 4 digit series makes sense now what are they thinking?

as exciting as that sounds I wanna know who is in charge of the naming division at Nvidia they seriously need to be removed from their seat, atleast the 4 digit series makes sense now what are they thinking?

QFT, at least ATi's is more user friendly now. I think it's all swapping around. ATI had slow cards and idiotic names where a Pro was the most basic (what the heck?), and now Nvidia is behind and is spewing forth the stupidest names.

Edited by Krow

QFT, at least ATi's is more user friendly now. I think it's all swapping around. ATI had slow cards and idiotic names where a Pro was the most basic (what the heck?), and now Nvidia is behind and is spewing forth the stupidest names.

ya i don't mind nvidia starting at 200 but lets goto 300 or something guys come on lol