United States Presidential Election 2008

Great_Gig

US Election  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

people sometimes hang around in places to get votes.

you might have noticed that even after hanging around for 20 years and claiming Rev Wright was his mentor...

he denied knowing anything about the hate speech.

he actually has to deny many things that are distasteful.

a side by side comparison of distasteful alliances would put Osama well in the lead...

i know that McCain will fight the spending in congress.

his record shows it.

i know that Osama's will not.

his record is quite clear on the issue.

congressional records are quite hard to hide from.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obama went to the man's church for 20 some years didn't he? People don't hang around someone that long if they have a fundamental disagreement on something like racism. Most people, if they don't like hearing what is preached at a church will find a new church...but Obama didn't. And I'm supposed to believe he doesn't agree with Rev. Wright on some level?

We're not. But we'd rather be let down by McCain than possibly be raped by Obama.

Just because he went to the church doesn't mean that he supports the ideals of his minister. I know when I go to church I usually stop listening and zone out when the priest starts give his lecture about what ever he feels he wants to talk about. If he was really a big fanatic racist like his minister I doubt he would have made it this far. Also just because someone is around a racist group of people doesn't mean that they too are racist.

McCain is by far the best man for the job, he also has run a far cleaner race choosing not to be involved in most of the ignorant actions of the the other 2. I understand that it is time consuming to look up each persons history but how can any american make a intelligent vote with only the persons word, if you come to my store and I tell you how honest I am only to sell you something that did not hold up and then refused to refund your money, would you ever do business wth me again? Likewise the same with politicians, which is why I made the Hitler statement, talk is cheap it means nothing it is your track record that counts, Obama has told so many lies he forgets what he says, this guy tried to play the race card and it backfired in his face. He is pathetic a poor excuse for an american citizen let alone someone who WANTS TO RUN THIS COUNTRY.

He has convinced himself that is something special because he was raised by a white woman many many black childre are raised by white families, had he or his stupid staff bothered to do some homework they would have found that more white people adopt black children from thired world countries than any other group.

But I do not see him as some savior for the masses in any way, that office is not about color or womens rights it is about making this country a force in the world like it used to be.

The dollar is at the bottom in so many countries, people are so stupid they don't realize that if you do not FIGHT FOR FREEDOM it will be TAKEN AWAY, there will ALWAYS be some power crazed maniac somewhere who thinks they have the right to control you.

Any person who comes to this country and was born in this country and reaps the reward for doing so better be ready to fight for the freedom that OUR FOREFATHERS Fought and died for, and moron who does not believe had better get a clue before it is too late, I hate war everyone hates war BUT it is a terrible fact of life and has always been so since the beginning of man. try to see their video clip in pollclash you can just see from there that who will win the battle. you can view the clip here

Its simple really. McCain is more in the Middle and pick a Right Wing VP. Obama is very LEFT and picked another VERY LEFT VP.

Less than 20% of US is Right, Less than 20% is Left.

Folks that leaves 60% that resides in the middle. Centrist politicians are where its at (IE Bill Clinton & Regan). They realize the Right & Left are extreme of whats really best for our country and the answer lies in the middle.

Hands down McCain is going to win and probably by 9-15% popular vote. It is simply only going to be that close because Obama is black and of the 23 black folks I personally know well enough to talk politics with 20 of them are voting for him simply because he is black. They don't know what his policies are or what he wants to do with taxes or any other issue. The other three are homosexual and very Left wing and like the idea that someone who has their basic value set is leading the ticket.

Its simple really. McCain is more in the Middle and pick a Right Wing VP. Obama is very LEFT and picked another VERY LEFT VP.

Less than 20% of US is Right, Less than 20% is Left.

Folks that leaves 60% that resides in the middle. Centrist politicians are where its at (IE Bill Clinton & Regan). They realize the Right & Left are extreme of whats really best for our country and the answer lies in the middle.

Hands down McCain is going to win and probably by 9-15% popular vote. It is simply only going to be that close because Obama is black and of the 23 black folks I personally know well enough to talk politics with 20 of them are voting for him simply because he is black. They don't know what his policies are or what he wants to do with taxes or any other issue. The other three are homosexual and very Left wing and like the idea that someone who has their basic value set is leading the ticket.

All the afro americans I work with are voting for Obama because he is black and because I'm not I'm a racist. They are clueless. They actually think if he gets elected they will get everything they ever wanted for black people. It really is pathetic.

All the afro americans I work with are voting for Obama because he is black and because I'm not I'm a racist. They are clueless. They actually think if he gets elected they will get everything they ever wanted for black people. It really is pathetic.

While that statement is true it also applies to Mccian to. Some people won't even think about voting Obama because he is black which is a really stupid reason not to vote for some body and are voting for Mccian just because he was white and not knowing there candidates position on certain issues.

Unforchantly not too many people are voting for issues in this election there voting for a candidate only because he's black or white or has a women as there vice president.

I just can't stand how some women are voting for Mccain just because he has Palin on his ticket and no nothing about Mccain master plan.

The dollar is at the bottom in so many countries, people are so stupid they don't realize that if you do not FIGHT FOR FREEDOM it will be TAKEN AWAY, there will ALWAYS be some power crazed maniac somewhere who thinks they have the right to control you.

Any person who comes to this country and was born in this country and reaps the reward for doing so better be ready to fight for the freedom that OUR FOREFATHERS Fought and died for, and moron who does not believe had better get a clue before it is too late, I hate war everyone hates war BUT it is a terrible fact of life and has always been so since the beginning of man. try to see their video clip in pollclash you can just see from there that who will win the battle. you can view the clip here

The dollar has bottomed out mostly because of the wars.

I believe that the Afghanistan war was a necessary war that had to been fought. The Iraq war was completely unnecessary war. Sadam (although it is good that he's out of power and his administration is gone) did not pose a threat to this country at the time. As everyone knows know bush wanted to go into Iraq and take it over so he could use the country's resources to help our own and the oil companies so he made up intelligence about weapons of mass destruction and he almost fooled everyone. Know what has this war accomplished for us so far? The world is a much more dangerous place than it was back in 2003, middleast is much more unstable then it use to be, thousands of soldiers and people killed have been killed, economy is in recession, trillions of dollars in debt.

If we could have I would have liked to see all the middle east countries destroyed. They all harbor terrorists is some fashion and if the governments aren't going to be part of the solution then meet the consequences. To some that may sound extreme but lets face reality those countries hate us and if we left them alone and Israel was gone they would still want to kill us. I say finish up this Iraq thing ASAP and give it a few years and then teach the rest a lesson too.

If we could have I would have liked to see all the middle east countries destroyed. They all harbor terrorists is some fashion and if the governments aren't going to be part of the solution then meet the consequences. To some that may sound extreme but lets face reality those countries hate us and if we left them alone and Israel was gone they would still want to kill us. I say finish up this Iraq thing ASAP and give it a few years and then teach the rest a lesson too.

What makes you right, and them wrong?

Political systems, religion and 'freedom' are not valid answers.

Again, many people believe that they hate us because we're over there pushing them around and not minding our own business. Bush paints a different picture. He'll tell you that the terrorists attack us because they "hate our freedom". Right. They're all over there just longing to be enslaved. They just hate freedom so much. If you want to believe that, fine, but I think that's just insanity to even propose the idea. They're pissed because we keep messing with them. It's really not a complicated theory.

As far as "destroying all the middle east countries"... I can't believe you typed that. Yeah, that'll end terrorism. No way an act like that will inspire people to hate us. <_<

Well polls are practically 49/49 aren't they at the moment? When the whole love affair with Palin dies down, you can bet your bottom dollar that Obama's ratings will go up. McCain played his trump card too early if you ask me.

But then who's asking me? I'm British!

Maybe we should just blow up everyone but the U.S. If so Canada has to be the first to go, especially the B.C. area. hahahaha :lol:

j/k Canadians! :P

Honestly I cannot bring myself to vote for either McCain or Obama. Just like our last couple of presidential races both candidates are a joke.

What makes you right, and them wrong?

Political systems, religion and 'freedom' are not valid answers.

Islamic extremists are terrorists and countries harboring them should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. That includes countries outside of the middle east as well. I distinctly remember seeing them in the streets cheering during 9/11. We put the Japanese in camps during WW2 for less. This is war people no time for screwing around. If it's Obama or McCain they need to give these people a reality check. Less likely to happen with Obama but someone better start getting it. As for Iraq being wrong I'm glad Saddam and his sons are dead. That alone made it worth while. If they weren't causing problems then they would eventually.

Edited by InCrYsIs