Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

I hate all the "best played on" bullcrap. It makes people who are less aware think that games only play with certain hardware or play better with certain hardware.

In some cases thats exactly what happens. ATI isn't playable at all in Darkest Of Days currently. If you look at games like Mirrors Edge, Dead Space for example it does play better then ATI so in some cases its true.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some cases thats exactly what happens. ATI isn't playable at all in Darkest Of Days currently. If you look at games like Mirrors Edge, Dead Space for example it does play better then ATI so in some cases its true.

I am playing Mirror's edge now actually. Plays nicely on ATI but no physx. Is there any game that says best played with ATI? I can't think of any.

I hate all the "best played on" bullcrap. It makes people who are less aware think that games only play with certain hardware or play better with certain hardware.

Except in this case, Arkham DOES play better with an nVidia card.

And btw, it doesn't say "best played on", nVidia's saying is "the way it's meant to be played". It signifies games that are optimized for nVidia GPUs, it doesn't mean the games won't run on ATI.

I am playing Mirror's edge now actually. Plays nicely on ATI but no physx. Is there any game that says best played with ATI? I can't think of any.

I have yet to see any..

same with AMD. i havent played a single game that says "Best experienced on the AMD Dragon Platform"

Oh well, just depends on which company wants to throw the most money at developers

That is a 100% correct. If you don't want all the bells and whistles then its a mute point. It all comes down to how you want to play the game really. :)

+1 for the X360 version. Bought it on release day and been playing ever since. Almost like playing an episode (albeit a long one) of Batman: The Animated Series. Kind of thought about waiting for the PC version, but couldn't let the 48" 1080p LCD go to waste. If you like Batman or entertaining games, try it out.

:withstupid: Well, except for the whole 48" 1080p LCD... since I don't have one. :'(

Loving this game.

Hi there, i just got the game, and i can say its pretty amazing, only 12% into it but im having a great time.

Everything about it is great so far, im not a big batman fanor nothing , liked the movies, but im tuned into the game , good story, characters, voiceovers are done well.

i just started the witcher enhanced, but i cant get away from this game.

The graphics are great, i think i just made the recommended sys requirements {C2d e6400, 2 gig ram & and a geforce 8800gts 320} but it runs sweet as a nut everythin on high AA x2.

I beleive the 8800 series is the minimum needed to see the physx pretty well.

The attention to detail is great too, best ive seen in a while, there alot of little touches too that make it, rips & bullet marks apear on the suit after u get into a bit of a scrap.

The controls i find are fine, the only thing i would say is there doesnt seem to be any option to turn the mouse sensitivity down, luckily i have a ms sidewinder mouse :] But once u get the controls sorted the fun starts, the combat is somthing else, pretty easy to pull off and a joy to watch, some of the combo moves that can be done are outstanding, think batman watched a jackie chan dvd boxset before he headed into the asylum that night lol.

Id love to see more games in the future using these combat mechanics, they work.

I was suprised and happy to see theres a bit of stealth in there too to mix things up a bit.

Overall, excellent, dont make your mind up by playing the demo, i havent but from what iv read the demo didnt do it justice. So far the only downside to the game is saving progress. Its a game that uses checkpoints, not sure how often u the hit checkpoints, just hope there not too few & far between each one. Iv always hated this in games, i hate spending 15/20 mins getting to the next checkpoint.... then u die & have to start over.

Like i said at the start of the post, im only 12% into it, but so far all aspects of the game come together nicely. All i can say is... play this game.

How did i obtain a full copy ? erm, would u believe me if i told you i got my flux capacitor working and went ahead in time & got it ? no......? Ok Busted. Lets just say i 'aquired' it.

Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC has a confirmed release date on Tuesday 15 September 2009

Shall i remove my post until the 15th then ?

Dont think i have, but apologies if any rules have been broke.

Sadly tkrow , no im not the designer, if i was id be giving myself a great big pat on the back though ;]

Edited by Lt Frank Drebin