Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

+1 for the X360 version. Bought it on release day and been playing ever since. Almost like playing an episode (albeit a long one) of Batman: The Animated Series. Kind of thought about waiting for the PC version, but couldn't let the 48" 1080p LCD go to waste. If you like Batman or entertaining games, try it out.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played the demo this weekend. I must say I had no interest in the game but now I will get the PC version when it comes out. I always said demos help sales. All games should have a demo.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, my 8800GTX was able to use FULL Physx, fully playable at 1680x1050, despite the game settings screen recommending more. So if you're curious, load up the demo and test it for yourselves, don't go by what the specs list....I think they were overly cautious.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, my 8800GTX was able to use FULL Physx, fully playable at 1680x1050, despite the game settings screen recommending more. So if you're curious, load up the demo and test it for yourselves, don't go by what the specs list....I think they were overly cautious.

Can't blame a company for recommending something a little higher than necessary, best way for them to help the customer enjoy the game if you ask me.

Can't blame a company for recommending something a little higher than necessary, best way for them to help the customer enjoy the game if you ask me.

Yeah, not blaming them...just wanted to make people aware to test it out for themselves.

Also, we need to keep in mind that they hadn't finished adding Physx to the whole game by the time the demo was released, so they may not have fully known what the final reqs would be.

Either that or get people to buy upgrades from their hardware partner, in example Nvidia :D

Either that or get people to buy upgrades from their hardware partner, in example Nvidia :D

I hate all the "best played on" bullcrap. It makes people who are less aware think that games only play with certain hardware or play better with certain hardware.

I hate all the "best played on" bullcrap. It makes people who are less aware think that games only play with certain hardware or play better with certain hardware.

If you think Crysis is not played better with nVidia... lol.

To me that is just kind of silly though, I mean who is going to upgrade to a $200 video card for one game? (Crysis fanatics excluded)

You also forget the people who think GTAIV is the reason to upgrade to a quad core. One of the worst optimized games for the computer to ever come out imo.

You also forget the people who think GTAIV is the reason to upgrade to a quad core. One of the worst optimized games for the computer to ever come out imo.

People actually play gta games on pc? I tried gta4 a while back on my computer and I couldn't really play it, probably because I'm used to using the playstation controller for the gta series though. You know what I mean though, I just can't see how any one single game can justify an upgrade or console purchase, now if you had around 5 or more then I could understand it.