Batman: Arkham Asylum

WhenKittensATK

*SIGH*

since i got a voucher for this game in the recent nvidia promotion i am currently getting this from steam, and it's reminding me why i don't buy anything big from steam. currently 7% done after an hour. i could have gotten the full game illegally by now.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*SIGH*

since i got a voucher for this game in the recent nvidia promotion i am currently getting this from steam, and it's reminding me why i don't buy anything big from steam. currently 7% done after an hour. i could have gotten the full game illegally by now.

Digital downloads suck. I will never buy a game like that. Especially since its not any cheaper. I like the disc and case.

*SIGH*

How fast is your connection and what speed is it going at. Whenever I download things off of Steam it's always maxing out my download.

How fast is your connection and what speed is it going at. Whenever I download things off of Steam it's always maxing out my download.

10Mb/s (1.25MB/s) connection, and i'm seeing around 300KB/s max download speed.

a brief googling suggests steam uses some kind of p2p system to boost download speed. i suppose since AA got released today that the servers are pretty full, and the p2p network doesn't have many seeds yet. i shouldn't really complain since i'm getting this for free, but i've been looking forward to this game for ages!

Edited by psycho_terror

well in the end the transfer speed eventually picked up and i got the game about 10 minutes ago.

it doesn't work. :angry:

all day to download this game, and now what, i re-download it? when game distribution goes all digital, i'm going to stop playing games. for now, i'm just going to keep avoiding steam.

edit - ok i'm eating crow on this part, game works fine, it was last nights late night fiddling that caused the problem.

still no fan of digital distribution!

Edited by psycho_terror

If anyone wants to see some screenshots, I posted 18 of them on my xfire profile: http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/claymeow/

EDIT: My Xfire screenshot gallery now contains minor spoilers if you haven't finished the game.

This is my fav ;):

8d55775b9ff309ddc83ad7b53a7bb710ffd5a93d.png

Too bad I had to zoom in to get that shot, so those "camera lines" are there, otherwise I may have made that my wallpaper :lol: