Forum Wars Summer 2008 Discussion Thread

jammin

what are bitmaps (Jammin does not want to see that as a screenshot), and stock score..do we need to submit them on HWBot or just show them to the cops on the OCC score thread?

Edited by damian

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are bitmaps (Jammin does not want to see that as a screenshot), and stock score..do we need to submit them on HWBot or just show them to the cops on the OCC score thread?

Bitmaps - images with a .bmp extension. They are large and unwieldy and have no place on the web. Jpegs or similar please. :)

As submitting to hwbot, I would like to see AM3, SuperPi and WPrime results submitted there for the stock phase as per the guide.

You are welcome to submit 3DMark results there as well, as it is good for the OCC team on hwbot if you do. :)

Edited by jammin

Bitmaps - images with a .bmp extension. They are large and unwieldy and have no place on the web. Jpegs or similar please. :)

As submitting to hwbot, I would like to see AM3, SuperPi and WPrime results submitted there for the stock phase as per the guide.

You are welcome to submit 3DMark results there as well, as it is good for the OCC team on hwbot if you do. :)

Thanks for the link to wprime jammin it is finally working thanks. Another question: I just registered at hwbot.org and when registering I didn't see an occ team as an option so I put no team. So now I am not registered as any team member was this right as I didn't see our team as an option?

Thanks for the link to wprime jammin it is finally working thanks. Another question: I just registered at hwbot.org and when registering I didn't see an occ team as an option so I put no team. So now I am not registered as any team member was this right as I didn't see our team as an option?

Overclockersclub.com is an available team at hwbot.

Overclockersclub.com is an available team at hwbot.

Okay I will look again Puck. Can you help me with one more thing? I can take screenshots of my scores and paste them to word document but I don't know how to paste as a jpeg image can u help me here? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys.

I just have a quick rule clarification for you.

With regards to the Ultra Xtreme (UX) class, you will notice that the rules state that pretty much anything goes (apart from ES chips from architectures that haven't been officially released yet).

The judges have been talking about it and we wanted to make it clear that this also means that you can swap hardware around from benchmark to benchmark.

For example, if you wanted to use a fast dual core chip to run Super Pi, and then a quad core chip for everything else, that would be fine.

Of course, that upgrade rule means you can swap in some better hardware at any point (providing it still follows that ES rule). :)

However one thing you can't do, is reuse any hardware you've used for benchmarking in the UX class in a second system entered in the other classes.

well I would like to enter my low end system in would that be possible? my low end system specs:

E7200

MSI P35 Neo 2

2GB crucial ballistix 667mhz

2X HD2600XT

air cooling

my HIGH END:

E7300

Biostar T-power I45

4GB Mushkin Performance 1066 Ram

Hd4870, HD4850 voltmodded in crossfire

Watercooling on chipset, Dry ICE on cpu

Depending on how many players we get at the end of the stock phase we could need more systems to fill out the team.

We could also end up with a situation where we could enter a second team.

So if you want to submit scores for a second system then go ahead and we'll shuffle things around before we go to war.

Edited by jammin