"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

Always love seeing your latest clocks Graham.

(Even though it causes me some major e-penis shrinkage)

Keep up the fantastic work!

1524.gif Not as much as mine shrunk in a raft race yesterday (it was bloody feezinglaugh.gif)

Sould'nt be any shrinkage really Carl, all any of us do is get the best out the hardware we've got. All of our clocks (yours included) are of equal worth because we all put in the same amount of work, regardless of the result.

• 12 years later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, kitfit1 said:

any of the peeps that were involved and posted in this thread still around ?

It's been a long time since the DFI days, so was just wondering if any of the old school clockers were still here.

Jebus, you guys must be old as dirt

3 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I finally reached 5Ghz this year with the 10900K :)

Lol, well done. I moved from Intel to AMD with Zen1 and a 1700 and have been on the Zen journey ever since :D Have been running a 3950x for the last year nearly. Not been at 5Ghz obviously, but the 3950x is so much faster than all the 5Ghz+ clocks from 10 years ago it beggers belief lol. What i am thinking of doing when i can get a 5950x is running my 3950x in my Asus CH6 under phase...............i think it could be a lot of fun. To be honest in these covid times, fun is something i defo need...............and maybe some others might need as well.

• 1 month later...

I have it. Honestly a bit disappointed. All these reviews said it was faster than a 9900K or 10900K. I've tested it against 20 games now. So far only Civilian 6 beats Intel and that is it. I would say 10 are still behind in frame rate (10FPS+), 9 match it and 1 of course I said beats it. Got it at 4.6Gghz 2000 FCLK 1:1. 4.7Ghz seems for 99% of us that is the limit unless your willing to pump 1.4v into it.

So my 10900K is still faster in everything. Costed less and has better memory support.

It was a good improvement over the 3800X I had previously, but that CPU had good value for gaming, but the 5600 and 5800 do not compared to Intel right now and the scalpers prices make it even worse.

This is just my opinion from the data I have personally collected. I can build both for the same price, same memory. So Intel is the winner when it comes to gaming. At least for this price point. The 5950X has other qualities that make it a better pick over Intel, but its not the same price, or even close.