Official LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read through the discussion and I haven't seen anything about crossfire comparisons yet. I am part of that 99% Happy talks about and am happy with my Infinity right now. Now if my crossfire setup runs > X% faster on the Lanparty with both mobo's using the same memory, CPU, and bios timings, I might buy it for that reason.

I'd really like to see a side by side comparison like this using the same hardware and approximate settings values in bios to show if their is an appreciable reason to buy the Lanparty over the Infinity.

It comes back to those who want to use their PC's having a reason to buy this board or not. I want the best stable performance I can get for the money, period. I like my Infinity, but I do feel I could get more out of my memory possibly in the Lanparty. I just don't want to buy it unless the overall performance in Crossfire is worth it to me.

Happy, I get irritated sometimes by your snippy posts to be honest, but you provide an invaluable service to us DFI owners and I wouldn't change you one bit :)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys please help

ICFX3200-T2R/G and 7950GX2 no SLi available, when I install drivers for the first gpu, system hangs, finally i manged to install drivers for 2nd, after restart windows promted for restart again, stating that sli isnt available... so now i have one 7950 gt instead of gx2 any solution guys??? i heard that such happens if motherboard can't accept sli controller built-in graphics board. pleeeease help

I disabled 2nd gpu in device manager, as soon as I try to enable it, system hangs, performance hmmm... to put it simply it sucks 5000 3dmark06? are u kiddin' me? on my opty175 previous system, which was SLi enabled i used to have 9,500.. a hell of an upgrade... :sad: *help required*

Any forceware series80-93.81 no result

P.S. I started new thread before this one appeared in the forums list.

Hi,

i got sometimes read errors (i sometimes need more trys to get a zip file unzipped, there are some crc errors befor)

and ive also get program crashes (ive didnt tryed very much but my browser crahes a lot (firefox and internet explorer).

everthing was fine withe my old board (ASUS P5B Deluxe (P965))

Guys please help

ICFX3200-T2R/G and 7950GX2 no SLi available, when I install drivers for the first gpu, system hangs, finally i manged to install drivers for 2nd, after restart windows promted for restart again, stating that sli isnt available... so now i have one 7950 gt instead of gx2 any solution guys??? i heard that such happens if motherboard can't accept sli controller built-in graphics board. pleeeease help

I disabled 2nd gpu in device manager, as soon as I try to enable it, system hangs, performance hmmm... to put it simply it sucks 5000 3dmark06? are u kiddin' me? on my opty175 previous system, which was SLi enabled i used to have 9,500.. a hell of an upgrade... :sad: *help required*

Any forceware series80-93.81 no result

P.S. I started new thread before this one appeared in the forums list.

This is a Crossfire board...Not SLI. You need hacked drivers in order to run SLI which I've already tried without positive results. I'm sure some tweaking by the guy that did the original hack could yield real results...

yeah i know that r600 is a crossfire board, but again in supported motherboard list there are some crossfire boards! plus it uses only one slot, so i really hope there is a solution...

The supported list only applies to single cards.

I am somewhat confused by your statement here though, you say it only uses one slot but are trying to run SLI? Which is it?

Here's the way it is - one 7950 should work. 5000 points in 3dmark06 sounds pretty close to what one card would pull.

Two cards....hacked drivers, thats the only way it might possibly work.

well, its a double gpu board, 2 gpu's on same pcb, so it uses one slot, but as there are 2 video cards it tries to enable SLi and fails. for now i just diabled the 2nd gpu and im running 7950gt just as you said. i tried hacked drivers, but with same luck, btw i can trade that damn 7950gx2 to x1900xtx, should i do it? cuz in any case if i cant enable sli, x1900xtx is way faster than 7950gt......

well, its a double gpu board, 2 gpu's on same pcb, so it uses one slot, but as there are 2 video cards it tries to enable SLi and fails. for now i just diabled the 2nd gpu and im running 7950gt just as you said. i tried hacked drivers, but with same luck, btw i can trade that damn 7950gx2 to x1900xtx, should i do it? cuz in any case if i cant enable sli, x1900xtx is way faster than 7950gt......

Gotcha, I wasn't aware that even with only one GX/2 it still tries to enable SLI, I thought it just worked like any single card.

In that case, I'd probably shoot off an email to Nvidia before trading it, as I believe a single GX/2 should work on this board. If they can't help, then grab something else.