Opty 165 owners on air, what temps you getting

Kaxx

Just gathering info on CPU temps at idle and load. Curious what vcore and ambient temps are with your CPU temps.

I'm @ 1.525 vcore and 19.5C room temperature: 23C idle and 41C Dual P95 load.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you consider mine air or not - Monsoon II (TEC air cooled) but anyway.

311*9 @ 1.33V (AUTO) Amb. 24C

Idle 26C

Load 36C (SG)

Idle 26C

Load cpu/36C #1core/47C #2core/44C dual P95 (everest)

Just gathering info on CPU temps at idle and load. Curious what vcore and ambient temps are with your CPU temps.

I'm @ 1.525 vcore and 19.5C room temperature: 23C idle and 41C Dual P95 load.

Considering that you've taken off the IHS to get a better heat transfer i would have to say that's a pretty damn good setup if you'd ask me.

IDLE: 24c LOAD: 40c (California Night Status)

Using XP-90 ALUM W/ 73CFM Fan (Full Blast)

Idle: 38C Load:45C

Room Temp is 25C

300x9@ 1.52V

Tuniq Tower 120

Im finding it tough to go higher with this CCBWE stepping.

Did you just buy yours from newegg too? I can't even do 2.5 on stock volts like my 170's can.

Ive had it for a while now (about 4 months). I just got the Tuniq and installed it today and raised my speed up from 2.53 on stock cooling to 2.7 tonight. I want to go further but its like ive hit a wall. Im gonna take a break and try for a little more tomorrow. Looks like I will be extrememly lucky to get to 2.8 with this stepping.

(I can boot at 305x9 [email protected] but the second I even try to run Super Pi it fails)

I have just started to play with an Opty 165 CCBWE 0610 DPMW

2750MHZ 306X9 @ 1.35V in Bios is the best it will do prime stable.

It will boot & I have used it for a couple of days at 3 GHz 1.55v in bios but core 1 fails after 30 minutes in dual prime.

I have run all the way up to 1.7v and it won’t stabilise & it gets too hot.

I also found a 10 - 12 degree difference between Smart guardian & Core temp v.94

I have noticed a 10 - 14 degree difference between core 1 & 0 which lead me to believe I had a chunk blowing chip so I put it back in the box & ordered another one.

I will post some detailed temps when I get my new chip.

Edit

Opteron 165 CCBBE 0617 FPMW

323 x 9 = 2906mhz @ 1.475v in bios

Stock Opteron heatsink & fan.

Ambient Temp 25oC

Idle 38oC Smartguardian temp CPU fan speed 1000rpm

load 50-52oC (Stress prime 2004 orthos edition 1 hour run) Smartguardian temp CPU fan speed 3500rpm

I find SP 2004 runs about 3-5oC hotter than Dual Prime 95 under full load

I have noticed a 10 - 14 degree difference between core 1 & 0 which lead me to believe I had a chunk blowing chip so I put it back in the box & ordered another one.

You just sent back a perfectly good processor. Those are normal temperature variations. A quick search would have resulted in hundreds of posts indicating this.

Edit: Good luck getting much more then 2750MHz with any 165 using the memory you have.