Opty 165 owners on air, what temps you getting

Kaxx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we go by Smart Gaurdian, I'm 25*C idle 37*C dual prime. It's not in my sig, but I'm running a Stacker 810. I'm using 3 Evercool 120mm's for the front and an Antec 120 on the rear. Unfortunately I had to setup a fan to blow in-between my crossfire cards. I have the Accelero X2's installed and they blow air at the motherboard.

http://www.xanadu2.net/satan666/temps-new-Opty.png

w00t!!! Tnx Kaxx... My new temps are in the screenie below, I just installed the HS's yesterday so there is still a bit of settling to go, but they are looking good... although I don't exactly know what temp1, temp2, and temp3 actually are :rolleyes: but they are lower than they where before :P

Turns out you where right, the IHS was level but the Tuniq's base was WAYYY off, when I lifted up the HS only one corner of the Tuniq had been touching the IHS as there where was no TIM anywhere else on it. Could see objects through the gap, not just light. I used a machinists ruler as a level. It took a good 10 minutes of sanding at 230grit to get it flat. My HR05 was off as well, I sanded that down also to a flat finish.

Oh and DO NOT USE liquid pro if you don't want to have to resand each surface again when you take the HS off. It had eaten its way into the copper on my Tuniq and IHS, I had to resand both of them to get rid of it. I won't be using it again, for the extra 2'c drop its not worth ruining my HS... Might keep it on me for that moment where i'm locked in an aluminium room and need to break out James Bond style :sweat:

Ordered another Opty from Newegg and got week 6010 the temps are core0 23° core1 29° much better than 44° & 32° I had in the last one.

Gawd... I hate you :sad: With my lapped Opty, lapped Tuniq, AS5, all 6x12cm fans on full I can only get my idle temps at stock down to 27'c core 1, 29'c core 2 on my Opty 0550 :confused:

You are one lucky ducker :P Oh and I found if you put a line of AS5 down the middle of the IHS, like Artic Silver recommends for dual cores, then just place the heatsink on top of it to spread it out, that the difference between the core temps seems to even out more.

Gawd... I hate you :sad: With my lapped Opty, lapped Tuniq, AS5, all 6x12cm fans on full I can only get my idle temps at stock down to 27'c core 1, 29'c core 2 on my Opty 0550 :confused:

You are one lucky ducker :P Oh and I found if you put a line of AS5 down the middle of the IHS, like Artic Silver recommends for dual cores, then just place the heatsink on top of it to spread it out, that the difference between the core temps seems to even out more.

Those temps were no at idle they were when I was surfing, I haven't checked idle or at load yet. I used Kaxx's method from an earlier post in this thread. I had used it earlier on the first cpu and when I took the Arctic Freezer64 Pro off it had speaded out to cover the whole cpu.

What if my Task manager only shows one core, also my CoreTemp.exe only shows the temp on core #1? Core #2 is blank. Also in Task Manager/Processes it wont let me select Affinity anymore. What happened ?? Any clues?

Cpu temp is 34C with dual prime running and 28C without,

According to SmartGuardian,,,Core temp report 45c Core#0 and blank Core#1

Sandra report 43C

MBM5 report same as guardian.....

10-4 yes i installed it. Everything was good last week when I first started my opty on an Epox mobo. It was there and then a couple days later itsorta quit.

Since then i installed DFI mobo, re-installed windows and still, its not there.

I have since found out that when i run CoreTemp; if i bring it to the front there is no core1, BUT if i hover my mouse over it in the tray, it will display both cores!! So my question now is whats up with my task manager? Can you select a process and select the Affinity? I did last week with prime, when i was learning how to run dual prime,,,,before i made 2 shortcuts.

My rig is SO fast tho, i am really enjoying it.