Child arrested for opening X-Mas present early

Angry_Games

My Dad used his belt.

My Mom used the Fly Swatter or a Bolo Paddle.

From spending time in the country with my Mawmaw and Pawpaw I leaned to fear the words, "go cut me a switch". If you didn't bring an appropriately sized switch for your whoopin', you were in bigger trouble.

Corporal punishment has its place in society. As evidence, just look at where we are now that corporal punishment has been replaced by "time-out".

What a joke. If we got the equivalent of today's "time-out" it was on our knees, in the corner with rice grains spread on the hardwood floor.

Talking back or foul language got your mouth washed out with soap. If Dad caught you it was Lava soap.

When there are no consequences kids will be wild.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's lame. Calling the cops on a kid just cause he opened a Christmas present early... he did shoplift and do other crap, but it had to be the time where he opened his present early that the mom called the cops.. lmao

I guess I'm lucky, I never get in trouble. For the times I do get in trouble, I just fight, but nothing happens.

I wonder if being 27 has anything to do with it. Nothing against anyone.

That's lame. Calling the cops on a kid just cause he opened a Christmas present early... he did shoplift and do other crap, but it had to be the time where he opened his present early that the mom called the cops.. lmao

I guess I'm lucky, I never get in trouble. For the times I do get in trouble, I just fight, but nothing happens.

I wonder if being 27 has anything to do with it. Nothing against anyone.

problem is you can't beat your kids now, it's considered child abuse (and yet look how dumb kids are these days)

i always thought I was getting the dumb beat out of me which is why I'm kinda intelligent...now I sorta see that as true lol, I did get the dumb beat out of me (but not all of it apparently lol)

Guest r3d c0m3t
problem is you can't beat your kids now, it's considered child abuse (and yet look how dumb kids are these days)

I couldn't agree with that more. Parents just let their kids walk all over them as if they were taught to do so, maybe they were. In any case whenever I was defiant I got what was coming to me and I deserved it. I believe disciplinary actions set a standard for your kid...it's draws a path for them.

To further agree with Happy, I also got the dumb beat out of me...now it seems like kids are beating the hell out of their parents, not to mention killing them.

Posted by Exroadie:

From spending time in the country with my Mawmaw and Pawpaw I leaned to fear the words, "go cut me a switch". If you didn't bring an appropriately sized switch for your whoopin', you were in bigger trouble.

I have a very good friend (age52), who used this very method with all of his

kids.......All of them are now hard working respectable adults with thier own

kids......:)

I used to get hit a ton. Not as bad as my sisters (they wore my parents out). But it was nothing harder then a hard slap to the side of the head (skull not face)

I think I got the soap in the mouth a couple times, once being from my grandpa.

I am glad about it too. I have tons of respect for my grandparents and mom (not so much for my dad right now, but I don't show disrespect for him... often). If I so much as swear (unless like getting seriously hurt where the f bomb is natural to come out) my mom would probably beat me. She is absolutly against swearing. That is why I hardly swear as a person. Also if I don't apologize for burping she will smack me one. (her dad, my grandpa, was a state polition so she was raised in the public eye, which is pretty much true for everyone in my family)

I don't think smacking your kids is wrong, Its a violent world out there and just cause you didn't hit your kids doesn't mean they are gonna walk out into a violence free world. There is a large BOLD line between disciplining your child and abusing them and if anyone with an ounce of common sense cant see that then they shouldn't have kids.

Frankly if that kid has realized that he is not going to get hit for anything then he has a power over the parents and no amount of talking too by cops or anyone is gonna change that. The end result is he will carry that power until he ends up in Jail.

I say beat his butt with a belt now before its too late.

well now the problem is a few retard parents who can't face their own reality of being total losers have to take it out on the kids in a manner that is NOT discipline but outright abuse (real abuse too, not that crap that comes from the 15 year old daughter because daddy ran off her 27 year old boyfriend with a shotgun).

So, like religion, politics, everything else in life, a small percentage of jackasses ruin it for everyone...because who wants to stop the car at the side of the road and whip the living %@#$ out of your kid for doing something he damn sure deserved to get that much whipping and have some bleedingheart monkey get on a cell phone immediately with Child Welfare and report you (when they don't even know the context of the situation, and they shouldn't get involved because look how pissed they get when some joker tries to tell THEM how to raise THEIR kid oh no you did not just tell me how to discipline my kid, no sir).

bah

it's either go to jail or let your kids be the emotional, mental, and/or physical terrorists