FX-60 + 8800GTX - For those that want to see it!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I bought a Conroe and it OCed as well (or should I say as crappy? Yep I should) as my FX-60, I'd run the bastard over too.

Just started playin' with this 66 Connie. I am at 3500Mhz+ with the stock Intel air cooler and stock Vcore. I can get into Windows at 3600Mhz but can't run any benchmarks. This looks to be a pretty good Connie so far.

Viper

Just started playin' with this 66 Connie. I am at 3500Mhz+ with the stock Intel air cooler and stock Vcore. I can get into Windows at 3600Mhz but can't run any benchmarks. This looks to be a pretty good Connie so far.

Viper

Your temps must be outrageous...

and never prime.

Prove otherwise then.

That is the second time in two different threads you have used the words prove or proof to me. Hot Flash I do not have to prove anything to you anymore than you have to define that rather ambiguous term "outrageous". Time to grow up as this isn't a contest here.

Viper

At stock VCore I imagine he can. That'd be like saying that Opty I had that only took 1.4V to get to 2.7 from 1.8 should be concerned about temps, it max-loaded at 50C.

The Connies temps are running about 55-57C at 3500 in the benchmarks. Not bad for the stock cooler but nothing to write home about either. Moot point really as the stock cooler isn't going to be run much longer. Only using it now for initial testing to get some baseline stock numbers and just to get a feel for OC'ing this new rig.

The one thing I am happy about is this eVGA 680i MB. I have read a lot of posts where people have had real trouble with it and one of my customers (who got his MB the same day I did) is just going nuts with his. I guess I have been lucky as it came right up first time no problem and hasn't hickuped even once on me. Knock on wood I hope it stays that way!!!

Viper

I continuously find you claiming very high numbers ... the first however was a slight misunderstanding and even then, what you gave is .... tom's hardware.

What really makes me wonder about you is that the least you could do is find real world stats, rather than take numbers from a site with a bad reputation, and then presenting it in such a way as to suggest that it supported 16x slot really made a difference. Then you make claims of a high OC on your conroe with the same cooling as I and are getting radically different temperatures. When I ask for proof of what you say to show that I might be doing something wrong,..

I get a 3d-benchmark temperature quote (READ: irrelevant) and an accusation that I'm being childish rather than giving a simple screenie to lend a little credence to what you're claiming.

As such, I'll say it as flatly as I can, I don't trust you or anything you say. And I certainly don't want some poor newbie to come in here and read your unbacked claims and take it as truth: so I highlight it with questions of proof to which I get no real answer. That tells the newbie to take it with a grain of salt. 'Radeon Mod God' or not...

Your posts might as well be the thread that Happy (Gilmore) locked from the Mushkin rep because he wouldn't prime his OC....

I continuously find you claiming very high numbers ... the first however was a slight misunderstanding and even then, what you gave is .... tom's hardware.

What really makes me wonder about you is that the least you could do is find real world stats, rather than take numbers from a site with a bad reputation, and then presenting it in such a way as to suggest that it supported 16x slot really made a difference. Then you make claims of a high OC on your conroe with the same cooling as I and are getting radically different temperatures. When I ask for proof of what you say to show that I might be doing something wrong,..

I get a 3d-benchmark temperature quote (READ: irrelevant) and an accusation that I'm being childish rather than giving a simple screenie to lend a little credence to what you're claiming.

As such, I'll say it as flatly as I can, I don't trust you or anything you say. And I certainly don't want some poor newbie to come in here and read your unbacked claims and take it as truth: so I highlight it with questions of proof to which I get no real answer. That tells the newbie to take it with a grain of salt. 'Radeon Mod God' or not...

Your posts might as well be the thread that Happy (Gilmore) locked from the Mushkin rep because he wouldn't prime his OC....

Man what have you been smoking??? I haven't been to Toms hardware in a good 6-8 months lol.

I think what the issue is and that is your CPU is not OC'ing as well as mine. That is called luck of the draw and I already said, in so many words, I think I got lucky for once in that department. I usually struggle to get an average CPU in the draw lol.

As far as temperatures it really doesn't matter as we are both reading the temps from what the CPU, MB and the DAC's give us. Since they can be off by as much as 20% there is no way to really compare. Yours could be reading high while mine could be reading low. I do have my stock cooling fan on manual control at 100%. You may still have CPU cooler fan on thermal control and that will bump the temps up considerably.

I am now checking the actual metered voltages readings on this eVGA 680i from what is set/indicated in bios and there are some rather large differences. This is just to make a point and that being you can not go by the temperature or voltages info given to you in bios or in monitoring programs that just read the same sensors. What you select or see indicated in bios is rarely what you are actually running

As for very high numbers I am just putting down what I get here in my test rigs. That is as real world as it can get. Real World certainly ins't review sites which typically get hand picked, cherry parts to work with.

As far as you not trusting me that is your decision and fine if you wish not to. My paying customer, who are mosting repeats, do and they are the ones putting the money down. They are also the ones getting full documented test reports with all the direct screen shots of the benchmark results.

Viper

Alright guys, I may not be a moderator, but this arguement will stop now, or be taken to another thread, or I will redirect it to someone that WILL take care of it. This thread is not for arguements, or arguements about conroes, it's for stats of FX-60/8800GTX combos so people can see before they buy.

Take it to another thread please.