FX-60 + 8800GTX - For those that want to see it!

I'd believe you if you didn't routinely make comments like this.

Well I do think it's sad that my processor's runnin' 2.94GHz and people at 3GHz seem to have problems keeping up ::shrug:: just a bit odd to me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that 3GHz requires looser settings than my 2.94GHz setup can run at? Makes no difference, that was said for crap and giggles as to be honest, as long as I'm happy with my machine, which I am baring it not being able to do 3, I ... don't really care that much about how other's perform in comparison, other than in that comparing numbers for possible future upgrades. Like when AM3/DDR3 comes out, I'll be watchin' them benchmarks for what I wanna buy LOL

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp... I'm at 3G now, blasted 41K in 01, 15.8 in 05, and 10.2 in 06... not running 03 yet as I'm afraid it'll fail. Gonna run it then if it passes, run Prime while I sleep and hope for the best.

And Nightshadow, this is around my fifty billionth time going for 3GHz with this chip. It's not capable of it from what I've been able to determine. We'll see though. Runnin' at [email protected] or so in BIOS. RAM is at 1:1 @ 3-4-3-8-11-16-2-2-2-3-1T with my MAL/RPT at 7.0 & 5.0 (dun remember which is which). I'm hopin' and preyin' it's gonna pass but honestly, I won't be gettin' my hopes up.

Also got 123, almost 124K in AM3, which for having my PC4000 in is a record in of itself.

I also feel your pain mate... I can get prime stable @3G+ (up to 3.084G) but cannot pass a run of 3DMark03... my best using dual 7900GT (1.4v modded) on water (this including when managed to get a 3DMark03 to pass) is...

AM3: 131,307 aquamarks1313076vo.th.jpg

3DMark01/SE: 38,229 ORB Link

3DMark03: 34,032 ORB Link

3DMark05: 15,751 ORB Link

3DMark06: 9,271 ORB Link

I've had my XFX 8800gtx for a few days now, and I must say I love this thing. My gaming experience has had a great improvement. Fear and Oblivion maxed out, with 16x AA/AF forced in the nVidia control panel looks amazing, and plays perfectly.

I'm running with a 3.0GHz opty 170, and even at stock 575/1800 GPU clocks, Im hitting around 10200 in 3dMark06. Increasing to 650/2000 only pushes the score into the 10800 range, and increasing the CPU to 3.1GHz gives bugger all increase... I'm determined to crack 11000 with this thing. I tried running 670/2000 @ 3.0GHz, and got the same score... I guess the AMD CPU bottleneck is coming into play, but I have yet to try 670/2000 at 3.1GHz.

At first I couldn't get the card past about 630 on the core, but forcing the fan at 80% dropped a large margin off the temps, now loading at 70 degrees as apposed to the 81 it was doing before playing with the fan speed.

Yeah I'm loading at around 55-60C ;) and I've only taken her as far as 620 core, 1940 mem, any higher than that and it doesn't seem to improve the score any (score drops actually). I'm gonna consider BIOS Modifying it once I know more about what I should and shouldn't change in said BIOS ;) My clocks starting out for it will probably be 620 core (stock setting in BIOS), 1400 shader clock, and 1940 RAM in BIOS. I think by boosting the volts to the core through the BIOS Modifier I can get it higher no problem, but we'll see. Amazes me that it runs so fast and seemlessly yet according to the BIOS Editor, it only runs at 1.3V when in 3D mode. I plan to bump it slowly from 1.3 to 1.4 in .01 incriments, seeing which one gives me the best increased-clock scores.

Yus... I'm just running stock clocks for gaming... never thought Id say this, but this thing doesn't need to be oc'ed, lol. I only have a 1280x1024 19" you see, so even at 16x AA/AF the card never shows it's true potential. Bring on Crysis and Alan Wake, along with Vista and DX10 I say... then we'll start to see what these cards are made of..

hehe this is a great thread. had a big smile on my face reading it :sweat:

I'm close(ish) to 3.0Ghz too but probably will need better cooling before I attempt it. for now 2925 is the highest I can go with everything (all 3dmarks, prime + superPI) stable.

Interestingly enough my scores aren't that far off the mark by the looks of it. Haven't got screenies but 3dmark06 score is around 10000, best being 10183 so far. Quite a relief actually seeing my rig is on par with similar(ish) systems :-D

Just got my OCZ 700W GameX so I'm too lazy to bother benching before I go install it, like in the next half hour :nod:

Stay tuned :dog:

Well I am going to retire the FX60 in a couple of days. Going to go to the dark Intel side of the force with a WC'ed Connie 66. If ya can't beat em, join em lol.

It's going to be a new learning curve for me. My last Intel CPU was a 100Mhz 486 running Windows 3.1!!!

Viper

Here's a hint for you Viper....

It's easy.

It took me.... 30 minutes to get a 3.0Ghz+ OC out of my E6600 once I got some ram that WORKED in the board.

Basic... set voltage +.125v, set FSB 334MHz... BAM! Done.

Here's a hint for you Viper....

It's easy.

It took me.... 30 minutes to get a 3.0Ghz+ OC out of my E6600 once I got some ram that WORKED in the board.

Basic... set voltage +.125v, set FSB 334MHz... BAM! Done.

If all I can get is 3Ghz i'll toss the whole thing under a forklift lol.

Viper