FX-60 + 8800GTX - For those that want to see it!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Minimize pressure loss. I have a rather large case. (MozartTx)

2) The security of knowing if one pump dies, I will still have waterflow in the system.

I have a mozart TX as well, along with a storm rev.2 and I am quite happy with just one mcp655 / d5.. The block requires alot of pressure, but the one pump is more than up to the task. Theese are high quality pumps, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

Guest LookBackX2

Great read so far Charmed.

I think I am gonna consider a 8800gts now instead of the used 7900gtx's in SLI I was settled on getting and using the modded sli bios to run them on my board.

Do you think the 8800 GTS is a better option than going sli and 7900 series cards?

Great read so far Charmed.

I think I am gonna consider a 8800gts now instead of the used 7900gtx's in SLI I was settled on getting and using the modded sli bios to run them on my board.

Do you think the 8800 GTS is a better option than going sli and 7900 series cards?

Two 7900GTX's in an SLI will be faster than a single 8800GTS by a pretty chunky margin if you have the system to support the SLI pair.

Viper

Short answer:

Yes, it is.

Long answer:

You have a 4400+, it's a bottle neck for SLI, regardless of speed.

With a 8800GTS or GTX, yer lookin' at nearly twice the power of the SLI power... with no SLI bottleneck. You're going to see NEAR the same numbers you would with a high end SLI pair, with less heat, less power consumption, and better graphics ability (8800GTS can handle 8x or 16x AA, SLIed 7900s have problems with that, I know cuz I had 2 7900GTXs and they hated SLI AA), and directx10 compatibility.

Short answer:

Yes, it is.

Long answer:

You have a 4400+, it's a bottle neck for SLI, regardless of speed.

With a 8800GTS or GTX, yer lookin' at nearly twice the power of the SLI power... with no SLI bottleneck. You're going to see NEAR the same numbers you would with a high end SLI pair, with less heat, less power consumption, and better graphics ability (8800GTS can handle 8x or 16x AA, SLIed 7900s have problems with that, I know cuz I had 2 7900GTXs and they hated SLI AA), and directx10 compatibility.

Yeah but how cool would it be to have two super video cards? ;) What processor would'nt be a bottleneck for an sli setup?? and don't you dare say connie! lol

A Connie ...especially a well OC'ed one lol.

Viper

A Conroe or an FX-74 setup.

Yeah, I thought that you were going to say that... Ahh, who needs sli anywho.. I'l be happy with my rig for quite a while.

I might have to upgrade when amd decides to put out a connie spanker, and the r600 lol

Yeah but how cool would it be to have two super video cards? ;) What processor would'nt be a bottleneck for an sli setup?? and don't you dare say connie! lol
A Connie ...especially a well OC'ed one lol.

Viper

A Conroe or an FX-74 setup.

I really like to see how well FX-74 pulls the power of the 8800 SLI!

(…though I have not overclocked the x6800 yet (waiting for the Vigor Monsoon II delivery), overclocking the cards does not do better…: “DFI Forums - General Discussion - Video Cards - Nvidia - XFX 8800 Factory overclocked")

::big fat eye roll:: It doesn't do no good my butt.

OCing my 8800GTX got me extra FPS across the board, in benchmarks as well as FEAR and Oblivion (from 575/1800 to 620/1940) and I ain't even BIOS Modded it yet, which I plan to.

Talkin' about 8800GTX in SLI with a Conroe though, that's a whole 'nother ball game. It's two 7800GTX 512MBs and an FX-57 all over again as far as bottleneck goes.