FX-60 + 8800GTX - For those that want to see it!

Here are some modded 8800GTX numbers with the same FX60/Expert rig above and it's back is to the wall trying to support this single modded card.

Card is running 729 ROP core x 1674 Shader core / 1134 Memory.

3DM01 = 46,161

3DM03 = 41,126

3DM05 = 17,446

3DM06 = 11,128

AM3 = 132,713

Viper

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can so feel your apin at the moment. I can't seem to get anything to work anymore. My new board won't boot my DDR 1000... my hdd takes a crap. Then I find out that NO board can boot my ram BUT my current Intel board. Oi... at least yours does what it should, stock.

The DDR800 that my bro has booted up at 1005 MHz (and my chip at 3.0Ghz) (though not into windows since said HDD crapped) GRRR! I was so looking forward to blowing the 130 FEAR mark and the 100k 3dmark combined out of the water.

Oh well

What mods were done to that card? Stock cooling still? ::interested as she wants to squeeze every inch outta her setup:: Love them numbers ya got ;) I dream of 16K in 05, 17 would be sweet ;) LOL

Full Viper mods with ViperVenom-I 245w TEC cooler. I'll have pictures up at my site in a few days. Will be doing the second card this weekend.

I numbers would be better with an OC'ed Conroe rig. 3DM01 and AM3 are just completely stalled on system speed and the others are scaling on the weak side.

Viper

Welp... I'm at 3G now, blasted 41K in 01, 15.8 in 05, and 10.2 in 06... not running 03 yet as I'm afraid it'll fail. Gonna run it then if it passes, run Prime while I sleep and hope for the best.

And Nightshadow, this is around my fifty billionth time going for 3GHz with this chip. It's not capable of it from what I've been able to determine. We'll see though. Runnin' at [email protected] or so in BIOS. RAM is at 1:1 @ 3-4-3-8-11-16-2-2-2-3-1T with my MAL/RPT at 7.0 & 5.0 (dun remember which is which). I'm hopin' and preyin' it's gonna pass but honestly, I won't be gettin' my hopes up.

Also got 123, almost 124K in AM3, which for having my PC4000 in is a record in of itself.

All four sticks of my PC4800 seem to be . now, can't get any of them to bench at my previous OCDB stable entries, even after a 10 minute full CMOS clear. I think perhaps my following of EdLSmith's suggestion to take them to 3Vs was fatal, although I am probably wrong about that.

Here are some modded 8800GTX numbers with the same FX60/Expert rig above and it's back is to the wall trying to support this single modded card.

Card is running 729 ROP core x 1674 Shader core / 1134 Memory.

3DM01 = 46,161

3DM03 = 41,126

3DM05 = 17,446

3DM06 = 11,128

AM3 = 132,713

Viper

I'm curious, how does one clock the shader speed?

Guest element

@ charmedlover I haven't been following your posts on the quest for 3G. But have you tried with only a single stick or just 2 sticks. The A64 memory controller isn't extraordinary at larger sticks.

BTW very nice effort so far.

Welp... I'm at 3G now, blasted 41K in 01, 15.8 in 05, and 10.2 in 06... not running 03 yet as I'm afraid it'll fail. Gonna run it then if it passes, run Prime while I sleep and hope for the best.

And Nightshadow, this is around my fifty billionth time going for 3GHz with this chip. It's not capable of it from what I've been able to determine. We'll see though. Runnin' at [email protected] or so in BIOS. RAM is at 1:1 @ 3-4-3-8-11-16-2-2-2-3-1T with my MAL/RPT at 7.0 & 5.0 (dun remember which is which). I'm hopin' and preyin' it's gonna pass but honestly, I won't be gettin' my hopes up.

Also got 123, almost 124K in AM3, which for having my PC4000 in is a record in of itself.

All four sticks of my PC4800 seem to be . now, can't get any of them to bench at my previous OCDB stable entries, even after a 10 minute full CMOS clear. I think perhaps my following of EdLSmith's suggestion to take them to 3Vs was fatal, although I am probably wrong about that.

Good luck! I would be pulling my hair out if I couldnt hit 3, considering how close you are.

Yeah I wanna kill something as is.

And Techno, it's done through the BIOS, I'm gonna be doin' mine sometime soon once I get good input on a good volt value to put in to the card for the core. I'm assuming that 600/1400/1900 wouldn't be bad at all for my card to be set to stock as it runs every benchmark and game better and fine at those settings.

the new NiBiTor gives you the option to OC the Core, Shader and Mem clocks.