Headset purchase time...

Angry_Games

techno do you know what the turtle beach gear is like??

Referring to?

I've used the Montego sound card and it was really nice when it worked, apparently there is a patch that makes it work better now.

Other than that I have no experience with the brand...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mic obviously, but absolutely fantastic headphones for the money.

They are "free-air" meaning they do not block out much background noise but I assure you, matched with a good sound card, nothing recommended here already sounds as good. Really.

However, they are more for audiophiles and might be overkill for Titan's Quest.

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufact...atafeed=froogle

Just my two cents. You might want a 5.1 surround headphone instead.

ps dutch im gonna kick your butt if you delete any more of your posts lol

i got to follow you around hard-deleting 20+ posts a day of yours

if you ain't sure what you gonna say, dont say it!

if you change your mind about what you already said and want to say something different...EDIT your post!

:spam:-deleter lol

:tooth:

I've been considering these for a while,though maybe not for the same application as you are looking for,

http://www.computerhq.com/ZALMAN_ZM-RS6F_M...-id-498291.html

Review,

http://www.doomedpc.com/?q=node/121

Supposed to be very comfortable,sound great,but the only drawback I saw was not being able to adjust volume remotely from headset itself,that could suck.

I was in a similar situation 2 weeks ago when I needed a new headset, but my budget was a bit tighter. Being a bit of an Altec Lansing fanboy, I snagged a pair of these: http://www.alteclansing.com/product_detail...r=NO&pID=AHS515

Great sound, good enough mic for TS/Vent that's adjustable, its comfortable, and is sturdier than my older altec lansing ahs 502i headset that broke. (3 years old and the drivers/mic still work, it just fell apart from so much use)

So far I've only encountered one flaw, you look ridiculous when you wear them, but that goes with any headset of this kind.

Good Luck with which ever headset you choose,

--Fenix

I'm on my 3rd pair of plantronics Headsets. I wear them for up to 5 or 6 hours sometimes. I even forget there on my head, thats one reson I had to replace one pair. With good onboard sound or a sound card I think they are a good balance between quality and cost. they have inline mute and volume control

a nice mic boom that is a little telescopic and bendable and a built in sort of fuzzy thing, you know the whatcha ma caller thingy. on other headset my kids steal the little fuzzy thing. One thing I like about them is I wear glasses when I'm on the computer and the headpnones dont push my frames agansit my head(ouch).

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/e...032/prod5500009

As with catkicker and Dan, that is the pair I use. Unlike Dan, I don't find them horrible for music, sure their not my studio phones, but they sound better than my old Boston Acoustics computer speakers or any non studio headphones I have. Good speakers or a pricier headset / headphones will sound better but for mainly doing just voice chat and not wanting to spend much they are very good for the price. As I said before I was surprised at how good both the mic and phones themselves were for just about $40.

If you want better phones, I know there is a gadget that clips onto your headset cord that is a mic. I don't remember how much it costs and I've never seen a review of how it works, and since it isn't exactly near your mouth I'm kinda leery about it, but I may have to give it a go one of these days just so I can use my good phones.

To be exact in my review of them, the spacial orientation isn't the best (Telling what direction sounds are coming from) in games with a fair bit of ambient noise, but their not as bad as cheap headphones or badly placed speakers (This may be due to my use of onboard sound more than anything else though). The highs also arn't quite as transparent as I'd like for music, but not tinny or anything. The bass is nice and tight, not quite as clear or deep as I'm used to but definately acceptable for most applications (Once again this may be partially the onboard sound). I think at least some of it is the onboard sound, as I know the sound is better than my NF2 board was, so I'm hoping when I get a soundcard it'll be better.

I use Altec Lansing 602i, I don't suggest them if you have larger ears. But if you wear them enough, they get worked in nicely. It has surround sound, it allows you to turn off the mic like you want. Its has nose cancelling and the mic can be rotated around behind you're head if not in use. Its not USB, questions feel free to ask.

I would say for exceptional bitchin sound quality....just choke up for the Senheiser's.

I know that they are steep but in the end I think that you will be greatfull that you did!

I would recommend BOSE headphones in a heartbeat to ya but they dont accomodate the gaming industry. But if you opt for the seperate mic set up {which I know you wont} I have a set of BOSE headphones that I bought 4 years ago that are just unbelievable even to this day. But they cost $160.00